Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I spent more time here among positive Christian minded people than go on other parts of the boards that make me uncomfortable, not that anyone noticed but I one of the reasons I haven't been here don't feel very comfortable but what I do feel comfortable with is my relationship with Jesus Christ, Jesus is awesome.

I love knowing each day that Jesus Christ took my punishment my sins upon him he took the unrighteous and unjustice sins of the whole world and he put them upon him and was bruised beaten and nailed to a cross where he suffered and died and was raised up again.

He made me a child of God, Christ has given me a new life a chance to fellowship and talk about God and read my bible which I have started doing and I've been watching Dr Charles Stanley video's.

I went to Church Services today at Providence where I work which is a Catholic run nursing home and hospital, I am not Catholic though, Should I look at an Evangelical Church, a Lutheran Church, what denomination are you and what Church do you belong to and how do I find the church that's right for me?

This was a place I thought of to post because I'm already a member here and I felt comfortable posting it here.

I was following Dr Charles Stanley and reading about Jehosaphat in Chronicles 2 20:30 and he spoke about God and our problems Remember these things.

What ever problem you may face
God is interested in your problems
2 Chronicles 20:3

2. God is Greater than your problems

3. Our first response should be to seek the Lord

4. When God becomes bigger in your life your problems become smaller

5. Focus on what God can do not on your problem.

My daily Bible Verse.

From Psalm 40:11

Lord I know you will never stop being Merciful to me, Your Love and Loyalty will always keep me safe.

I would like to discuss Jesus and God more with someone who can really help me understand the scriptures and who can help me navigate what it means to find Christ and be saved. Fellowship.

God Bless and thank you everyone

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nice post.

I share your dislike** for the other 98% of this forum and find myself only posting in here, or the other spiritual section these days.

I used to post a lot in the Coping with SA, Frustration and other sections of this forum but it didn't take me long to realize that the Devil runs rampant here. Our voice is so small and often gets overlooked so I don't even bother giving my precious time anymore. It's just devils giving other devils advice and that's how they cope with their misery.

It's a little sad this Forum doesn't really have an active Spiritual section, but at least it has one right?

I don't spend as much time on here as I used to because it's not where God wants me to be.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Espirito. I don't know if I would go as far as to call anyone a devil but I just don't feel comfortable in certain sections and with certain types of posters and the tones of some posts.

I came here because my first response is to reach out to God through Jesus Christ, through others who like me have a personal relationship with him and to get advice here or to come here and have a safe place to discuss the things of God and to answer your question yes at least it has one, shows that people want a section where they can discuss like me their daily walk with Christ and ask answer questions and be a positive place.

Keep out infighting, Political debates, etc and focus on Spirituality and the things of God or what ever other religious or spiritual things people believe and want to talk about.

I don't have a huge or very interesting Testimony, nothing earth shattering shook me up and made me reach out to Jesus and cry out Lord Lord where are you I need you.

I started to realize in my life that I was arrogant and self righteous not in the egotistical sense you may think of, I mean in terms of yes I'm sure there's a God but I don't need him I can take care of my own problems and what is he doing for me.

I'm going to do what I want and live my life and yeah what's the point God didn't change me he didn't fix me and I got self righteous with God thinking I know my life and I wanted so bad to please society and to live up to their standards and not push people away or be called a religious nut or be ridiculed that I said I have to jump ship I am scared, what if people think less of me.

I started to think about my life that I had failed God that I was drowning in wicked thoughts, I was angry at my grandma at my past at God at everything and God was there and I wasn't listening trying to help me trying to guide me and I was in my fear my arrogance my un interest simply pushing God away saying yeah yeah.

I use to think I could just try this Jesus thing that let me see how it works for me and I'd pray for Jesus to come into my life but everytime I came to God I would make a decision that I knew was wrong but I kept thinking if I pray it away it will go away but I'd end up backsliding and doing the sinful action all over again and I would give up and go back to the arrogance and think this is too hard I just don't care, nobody would ever believe I've changed and I stopped.

It was looking at those things and looking at my heart and really convicting myself in the spirit and laying my heart bare before a just God and really understanding what Jesus did for me on the cross that made me think this is it Chad you have to get right with God there's no trying anymore there's no test running to see if this Christian thing will work.

You have to honestly start now and so I started to pray and confess and talk to God about what I'd done what I felt, I came to the cross I just said with a sincere heart, I opened up my heart and the honesty of my heart spoke to Jesus and I said Lord here are my sins.

I confess them before the cross, I come humbly to you I come sincerely here I am, I forgive others and let go of their hurts and the past, I sincerely repent of my sins, I confess with my mouth that you are Lord and believe in my heart you died on the cross for my sins and I give my life to you and I didn't feel God on the bed or coming out of my lamp but I just knew then that my life had changed that he had taken over my life, I felt myself more at peace.

Its different than before because now I'm convicted I saw the principle need for the savior I came with a heart ready for grace. God let me back here because its already a forum I know and it has this section but I have to find real Christians and a real church where I can go and fellowship.

By the way I was walking through the parking lot by my local mall and I saw a green car (not good at car names) and I saw one from Australia I believe with your Avatar on it, do you drive a car like that are you originally from Australia? thanks for the friend request by the way.

I'm Chad. I was here before under IronPain but long story about my account so here I am, I wish I could change my user name to reflect on my Love for Jesus. Jesus who I worship and adore and who gave me his life. Grace and Mercy came through Jesus our Lord and Savior I rejoice in this day that God has made great

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Continuing my Testimony and my walk with Christ. I was out today at the library for a while a chance to get out of the house and on my way back I started to think about the ultimate statistic 10 out of 10 people Die and I looked at all the people crossing at the cross walk and all the people in the cars driving down the road and myself and I thought all of us are going to die.

We may die today, we may die this minute, we may die 2 months, 5 months 10 years from now when ever and I thought we're all going to die and what if we get up there in death and we realize there is a Just Righteous and all powerful God up there and he says Chad or Drew or Liberty etc here's what you've done what do you say of yourself we won't be innocent.

We look at people like Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pots, Ted Bundy, Child Murderers, Men who are deemed as the wicked of the wicked by our standards, they are monsters and we say sure we've done some pretty bad stuff but no where near as wicked or as evil as these guys compared to them we're saints and we say they did horrendously evil acts we are civilized we are better than them and God will let our little petty theft or our little petty lie go oh yeah yeah Bundy is in Hell and we judge by Earthly standards.

God Judges by Perfect divine righteous standards he a just and holy God who must punish the wicked actions of men like these but he doesn't stop there God is so righteous so just in washing out anything that goes against him that by his nature he will punish, Liars, thiefs, adulterers, murderers those who curse their parents those who curse their brothers, we are not innocent of anything before the God who gave the Laws to Moses we are all sinners, I am a sinner I have sinned and walked in sin and I will slip and fall and sin all over many times.

When we die we will be like those men we will be exposed for the sins against God that we've committed, I'm not using fear tactics I'm not telling you I believe you will go to Hell I am asking you to look into your heart and ask yourself if you are right with God if you have done what is pleasing to God are you perfect, I am not perfect, I'm not forcing anyone to believe if you are guilty your heart and your mind will convict you.

The Words of the Cross are foolishness to those who are perishing. Jesus said they hate me because my words show them their wickedness nobody wants to hear they are a sinner but knowing why Christ died on the Cross knowing the punishment he took and the fine he paid will help you humble your hearts for grace.

I learn't that until I did all those things until I saw myself the way God saw me and saw that I was unjust in my actions and I had wronged him I would be lost and I would never know God but Jesus has restored that, through faith in him through my belief and understanding of why he did what he did I feel renewed I can read my bible and I can fellowship and reflect on God's teachings etc.

This wasn't meant to condemn or be judgemental of anyone if it helps you to think and you take what I say and want to learn more and talk to me or you understand these principles lets communicate but yes I am not trying to tell others what to believe I am only sharing my testimony and what I understand of the gospel and Jesus Christ.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For me its not looking at Religion its my relationship with Jesus Christ that comes 1st above everything else, our relationship isn't what religion I am though I say I'm Christian but above that I am a follower of Jesus Christ.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I understand the anti-negativity sentiment and staying away from other boards. But at the same time Jesus stepped to the sinners, talked to them, healed them, ate with them, and told us to go into the whole world and preach the gospel. So I do not totaly close myself from these boards. Even though they often might seem negative we can make them a little bit more positive with our words. And let 'our lamp shine'. :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand the anti-negativity sentiment and staying away from other boards. But at the same time Jesus stepped to the sinners, talked to them, healed them, ate with them, and told us to go into the whole world and preach the gospel. So I do not totaly close myself from these boards. Even though they often might seem negative we can make them a little bit more positive with our words. And let 'our lamp shine'. :)
All Praise be to God I rejoice in this day that he has made great and give all glory to him. Thank you for your response Royals, I admit I find it hard and very uncomfortable to talk to people who make me feel scared or nervous, I'm not saying that the people there are bad people just that I get uncomfortable with the hostile environment but at the same time I do understand that its not personal.

That there are a blend of different personalities, life experiences etc but I see, your message that we should use our faith in Christ to reach out to the lost and its at those times we need to put forth God's light, yes in Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Samaria and to the ends of the earth.

God gave me the courage to go to Church for the 1st time on my own, there's nothing I can't do without Christ, for nothing is impossible with God.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yea same :/ it's hard to talk to people about serious stuff when they don't share your faith, because I keep wanting to mention how God helped me through this problem or that and i feel like they would think I was trying to convert them or something :/ but i really want to because i love talking about God and what He has done for me!! lol i can't help it :p but anyways I was raised Orthodox Christian and go to an Orthodox church. Idk if it's really important what denomination you belong to as long as you are a follower of Christ, ya know? lol but im already following Orthodox customs/traditions anyway so it's no big deal either way i guess. :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've started going to a United Methodist Church, apparently my family was raised in the Methodist Church back home where my family is from but I only know my oldest sister and her husband go to Church and I use to go with them when I was a kid and during Christmas time but started going on my own recently and while I like the modernization of the Church.

Use to get lost trying to sing along with the hymn's from the Hymn book, now they have it on the screen, plus the prayers. We sing The Lords Prayer which is unique, very nice Minister.

I met him personally today. They want to make me a name tag :eek: yeah I'm not comfortable with that, Going to Church to Worship God comes 1st, I think the service is beautiful, the only thing is I'm the only one that goes to Church in my house hold and I am the only person of my age group there, its all elderly people and teenagers and children.

The Minister even talked about Rob Ford today and we read from Acts 9 and talked about Saul of Tauraus and went over how God used this man who was persecuting and killing Christians and changed him and used him for good. I'm waiting for the Bible study group to start up again.

They are doing Revelations right now but I don't want to interrupt so I'm going to get involved with the new group, its a men's only group though and again the men in that group might also be elderly. I will do it but be nice to interact with some people my age. There is a Bible Church close by me I could probably find out what they have for late 20's.

Anyone young here have that problem? finding people to worship with who you can actually talk to and have things in common with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts