Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've lost all motivation, im currently studying one A level at school because of my anxiety which I'm now failing, i cant go to a party on a saturday, i can't walk to school without getting anxious, i cant even look a stranger in the eye properly. the only things i do is smoke and play video games
i dont have any idea what to do, my life seems so **** compared ot my friends who are out talking to girls and all that

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I don't know what to say, but you have my sympathy.

Maybe you should try to divert your attention to everyone else, and start focusing on yourself. Comparing yourself to your friends will only make you feel bad for you.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You need to start ignoring anxiety or it's going to take over your life.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know what to say, but you have my sympathy.

Maybe you should try to divert your attention to everyone else, and start focusing on yourself. Comparing yourself to your friends will only make you feel bad for you.
i have no idea why but when i read that first line i burst out crying... and im not that kind of person

·
Out of here
1,680 Posts
It helps to attend to the basics - make sure you are eating and resting properly, and get a good night's sleep. Try and get out of the house and go for a walk or a bike ride to clear your head. Video games tend not to help because there is this manic compulsive element to them - try and do something for time out that will relax you rather than make you more frantic.

Best wishes

·
Registered
151 Posts
Have you talked to your parents about your anxiety? Or do you have a guidance counsellor at school that you can talk to? You're only 16 - you have lots of time to fix this and make it better. :) Feel free to PM me ok?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Find something you are good at and how you can relate to people. Try extracurricular activities. Good way to meet people. Also list some goals you have for yourself and write down how you will go about achieving them. This will give your more motivation and something to live for. And once you make progress it will give you a sense of achievement and happiness. Whether it is losing weight, grades, working out, building your resume, etc. It can be anything. Find what makes you enjoy life.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Dude, same here. Worse is I have to take the bus to my community college so I try to get a seat that doesn't face anyone, or I stand up the whole time. Do you play Fifa 13 by any chance?(I see you're from the uk) Lol I play that game too much, always with manchester united :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
YOU WILL RECOVER -if you take the time to read my story, it might be helpful to you. hopefully this will inspire you to make the change you wish to see..

I remember i went through a phase like this over a year ago now. Your not alone.. i was doing 5 A levels and my boyfriend left me during mid period of college. He was the only family i had. We were together for 4years. I was so hurt and well it was well a journey. I suffered from depression from that point, i was on prescribed anti depressants. my aniexty would reach its peak around people, i felt everyone were just looking at me as if i am some sort of weirdo an animal, anything human. I suffered from insomnia, eating disorders and failed most of my A levels. Alot of the time id go sleep crying because i just no longer had a motive in life. I would lock myself in my room and inflict self harm after having several suicidal thoughts my attendance at college dropped to 72% in less than 3 months from 100.

I knew if i carried on any longer i would end up committing suicide. so i decided to try come up with targets and baby steps to what what i want to achieve from changing the colour of my hair to finding a job.

i sat down and wrote everything i want to do that i've always said but never done.
-go to the gym and work out and get a more toned tummy
-get a part time job to keep myself occupied and earn some money on the side
-work hard in college/use the library more often
-buy some new clothes to feel good and build up my confidence
-learn how to drive so i dont have to ever depend on anyone. etc

I sat and attempted to make 10 goals to reach within the next year. A year later today i am proud to say i have accomplished all of them apart from my driving (my test is in 3weeks)
It wasn't all easy, at times i wanted to give up, i cried and i broke down. But i wanted to recover and feel alive again so i held on to my ambition and kept going. No one will do it for you, you will have to do it for yourself. But one thing i will promise you is.. You will become a much stronger person at the end of it.

PS when i woke up every morning, id listen to the voice of eric thomas -his words will push you even further! -ive posted the link below! i hope this helps! :)

·
♛♚♝♞♟♜♚&
6,528 Posts
Why are you doing one A level? That won't get you into higher education, if you opt for that of course. You look like you're in a really bad place right now, and we're all here for you :) Give yourself time to be happy, do what makes you happy and relaxed. Then you can focus on getting your life back on track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts