Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
HalEmm
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never entered a night club, and I'm scared to do so. I don't know how it looks from the inside, I don't know what people do there and how I should cope with everybody and act normal. I also live in a very small city so I know that I will run into friends in the club if I go and I will probably do something embarrassing and my friends will see me :S

Have you ever had such a strange fear?

·
Registered
212 Posts
You're not missing out on anything!

·
Super Moderator
7,380 Posts
You may be missing out on something. Depends how nice the club, people etc are.
I've been to London clubs (and house parties) when SA people from the other forum organised them. They were mostly nice (loosened by alcohol) but occasionally bad things happened, like being threatened by a forum member's neighbour with a baseball cat because of noise. Such things could affect any night out though, not related to social anxiety.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,940 Posts
I went in a couple when I was younger and there is nothing good about them in my opinion. You're not missing anything. I could care less if I never go in one again. The same for bars.

·
Taking it easy
482 Posts
I only just started going to bars/clubs in the last couple months. You have to work your way up to it. Basically what you do is just drink, dance, mingle with people. For me I can only enjoy when I've got a decent group of people that I already know to go with, and when I've already had plenty to drink. There have been a couple times where this hasn't been the case and it just caused me to get bored/stressed rather quickly.

·
Banned
901 Posts
I've never entered a night club, and I'm scared to do so. I don't know how it looks from the inside, I don't know what people do there and how I should cope with everybody and act normal. I also live in a very small city so I know that I will run into friends in the club if I go and I will probably do something embarrassing and my friends will see me :S

Have you ever had such a strange fear?
Yeah, I mean I've been to night clubs to see bands and stuff, but I have no desire whatsoever to just 'go to a club' with no purpose in mind. Personally, it's not just anxiety for me though, it's the part where the cons outweigh the pros.

At least if I go to the bar (something I've honestly never done alone), there's a reason. Maybe I'd go to a club with an experienced friend, I don't know.

·
HalEmm
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because I always wonder why all my friends go to clubs! Everyone I meet tells me he's been to the club last weekend or so. At first I thought that they go their to meet girls but then I realized that that's not the case because most of them have girlfriends lol
The thing is that they once asked me "we never see you in clubs, why is that?" So I said "I'm too old for it" I'm 25 btw, but of course the truth is that I don't wanna look dumb and just stand there not talking to anyone lol

·
Banned
10,878 Posts
Depends on which country you're from . Here in New Zealand .. last time I went in there .. there were no more than 5-15 people .. and the volume of the music seemed to be trying to give it an illusion of crowdedness .. but still failed to do so .

It's kinda embarrassing .. I can't really say that I've been to a real nightclub , yet .. until I've traveled a bit . Sigh :p

·
HalEmm
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been to a few countries in Europe, the middle east, and the united states but I have never been to any of the clubs there :/
Maybe I should try to go once to a far away club so that I won't find any of the people I know there and try how it's gonna be.

·
hmm.
334 Posts
i prefer going to a Pub instead of a club, nightclubs are usually a place full of douches.
The atmosphere in a pub is 10 times better than a club.

·
HalEmm
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I also like going to pubs with a person or two... But actually, I have a relationship and I think it's on the verge, and that's why I started thinking about clubs... Maybe if things didn't work out in this relationship, I should try going to clubs and see if I can meet girls there.. ***This is pretty funny if you think about it because I'm even scared how I'm going to look so I will probably make a fool out of myself if I tried to approach a girl***

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
neither have i

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I've never been in a club either, but I have no interest in them. Not my thing.
And I've actually only been to an actual bar once in my life. I do get drinks at restaurants sometimes though.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I went to my first club at 21. I was so embarassed that I'd never been to a club before so I went. (I went with a hostel pub crawl).

It was what I expected. I hated every minute of it. It was anxiety inducing. The overly loud music, how dark it was, the fact you can't have a conversation with anyone, what's the point if you can't have a convo with anyone you just have to awkwardly stand there!!! It was just horrible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts