Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm from Bulgaria and I'm 26 years old. I've always been a fat kid and I've had the whole package (been made fun of, not getting invited to party's, divorced and absent parents... you get the picture). I was accepted into uni and after 2 years i dropped out. I stayed at home playing games for 2 years. After many problems my mom left the house and i was all alone (just a small small weekly allowance). I started to work out. I started to study so i could go back to uni. After about a year of being completely alone at the task i lost about 50-60 kg and took all my exams. That was 3 years ago.
I thought that all i needed to do is fix this and fix that and BOOM- Ill be a normal person. Yeah riggghhht! My new peers hated me. After a year they started to accept me a little bit (they knew almost nothing about me). The second year they were even friendly at the beginning but short after i started opening up they started to say "you're so weird", they felt sorry for me (worst part). Now its the end of the 3rd year and almost no one speaks to me because of my avoidiance and my negativity. I've tryed getting a gf a few times and failed miserably (they see me as normal at first and after we talk a bit their attitude changes).
I don't want any pity i don't want any advice. I just want to meet folks who can understand me and accept me for who i F U C K I N G AM. And just maybe?? We can take away a little of each others pain. Just by knowing someone out there is dealing with the same bull****!

·
suh dude
1,466 Posts
Well, give yourself credit. You have accomplished two HUGE goals, congratulations. Maybe spend some time researching how to hold conversations with people. That might help you connect more with people.

·
SUS Member
10,650 Posts
Losing all that weight's damn impressive, Trooper. I only made it through one year of university. I got the same kinds of reactions when I was in school.

Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
364 Posts
:wels definitely takes determination to lose weight and go back to school, hope you can be yourself here cause anything else would be a waste :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
You seem to be a strong and incredible person based on just losing weight. Also, you passed exams. Your negativity might be a problem. If you are able to recognize the reactions and feelings in social conversations, maybe you can also hone your skills. I do not know what it is with people and finding other people 'weird'. That has always bothered me. Creativity is weird. Different cultures are weird. I would probably be your friend in real life. I thought you were gonna say you were a pedo, or something.

Take life easy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys! I'll chat you up some time. Sry to disappoint, but not a pedo :p Also on the other side of the world so doesn't rly matter if you think about it :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, TheTrooper! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
trooper, i've learned that sometimes people fear honesty, cling to each other for support, and unintentionally or intentionally bully. For example it's easier for most in a social setting to split the bill equally at a restaurant rather than saying, i have no money, let's just get separate tabs this time as i budgeted $20 bucks for my meal not $30

1 - 8 of 8 Posts