Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, 20 year old guy here from england (UK), and pretty much found this site by accident.

I've decided finally to make a step in beating my social anxiety as tonight was just my last straw pretty much.

Everyday is pretty much a struggle for me, looking at every single person, it doesn't matter what age, race or age, I will look at them to see if they are staring at me, and usually they are, which makes me extremely insecure as a person and increases anxiety ten-fold.

Just tonight i got almost all stares from everyone, and all i did was just walk to my local shop, but to be honest, i really often wonder whether i am just odd looking and don't have social anxiety so its normal for me to feel like this??

Im very confused...this is the first time ive ever spoken to people about it, and ive been like this since the age of 16 and now rarely go out because i get panic attacks.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this,

jippi ( that's not my real name )

·
Registered
3 Posts
definately sounds like social anxiety. i understand. i used to be exactly like that. when i was a kid i needed my mum to go into a shop with me. its better now but i cant make friends and am lonely all the time.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding sadfly! The funny thing is with me is that i used to be confident as a kid and teenager up until the age of 16, even to this day at age 20 will i drag any family member i can to come to the shop with me so people wont focus on me as much.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey jippi welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Jippi! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts