Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought he was going to remain clean. Now he's started doing drugs again and I'm fed up. I'm upset that I let myself believe he'd stop and quit hurting himself.
I'm pretty sure my mom is going to divorce him now. He's let us down. He had his chance.
I just can't take this anymore. I don't want to be around an addict anymore.
My mom has told him to go to rehab, but he has refused.
I thought he'd give up his habit. I should have known he'd start again :blank

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I'm so sorry. I know that feeling all too well. My dad was on bath salts for 2 years, only got out of rehab about a year ago and has relapsed...also has a certain dependency on pills like adderall. And he wonders why my brother doesn't want to live with him. Nobody trusts him. Isn't it terrible that the only reason I keep in contact with my father is because I'm afraid he'll hurt himself if he thinks everyone's turned against him? Probably paranoia on my part, but he's expressed thoughts like that before...and he is trying to better his life, so I should support him...

Anyway, I hope for the best for your father. He needs to want help, he can't be forced into it. But there is always hope, and there is always a way to get better. Good luck.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry about your father Slytherclaw. It's really sad when someone you love is so addicted to drugs.
I want to help my dad- I really do. But I can't. I can only tell him how bad his habit is. He really does need to want to get himself help before he can get on the right path.

·
No longer good at posting
1,233 Posts
I'm in the same situation. My mom started drinking less than a decade ago even though it was never her thing. It's not the fun, glamorous, prideful type of drinking. It's the kind where she sneaks off alone and gets so messed up she can barely walk and constantly puts herself in danger, while at the same time denying it. Most of that stress is absorbed by me, because everyone else is off living their life and often times it's my dad that is secretly handing her the alcohol. My mom has crushed my tolerance and is slowly destroying my unconditional love for her. We all have our limits.

She gets her license back soon, and I'm really stressed out about that. She gets alcohol without the ability to drive as it is, so it's almost a guarantee she will end up losing her license again or her life which ever comes first. It sucks and the worst part is there isn't really anything that I can do about it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in the same situation. My mom started drinking less than a decade ago even though it was never her thing. It's not the fun, glamorous, prideful type of drinking. It's the kind where she sneaks off alone and gets so messed up she can barely walk and constantly puts herself in danger, while at the same time denying it. Most of that stress is absorbed by me, because everyone else is off living their life and often times it's my dad that is secretly handing her the alcohol. My mom has crushed my tolerance and is slowly destroying my unconditional love for her. We all have our limits.

She gets her license back soon, and I'm really stressed out about that. She gets alcohol without the ability to drive as it is, so it's almost a guarantee she will end up losing her license again or her life which ever comes first. It sucks and the worst part is there isn't really anything that I can do about it.
My dad is denying his addiction too. He's also refusing to take a drug test and his excuse is that "we're accusing him of something he didn't do, so he's not going to take it" and he's basically calling me a liar.
I'm sorry about your mom. Being around someone with an addiction can really make you feel let down and upset.
I also worry about my dad getting in a car accident because he's driven us high before, so I can relate to your concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts