Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Never sit on a cactus ..
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an idiot anyone agree? I'm so behind and have no friends anymore. All the "friends" I grew up with are doing fine in school and forgot all about me because I have "problems". Social Anxiety is really controlling me, to the point of me wanting to OD on skittles :) I've checked into 2 mental hospitals, and I'd rather be there then in school or in the "grown up" life :um . . . . GED here I come! I'll most likely fail that too, if I do I might really consider ODing on skittles :no

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,462 Posts
I really hope your not trolling because people here like to give support to anyone that needs it, so it will be a bit disappointing if you were trolling a community that is willing to care and give you advice.

With that out of the way, are you sure you don't have ADHD or something? maybe you are not motivated to pass school? what's the problem?

·
Registered
151 Posts
No I don't agree. I think that you have not figured out the best way for you to learn. I did badly in school and now I am doing my PhD. Don't let your difficulties in school now, define what you think you are capable of doing. I OD-ed on skittles once - the sour ones and it gave me a head ache :). The worst thing you can do is compare yourself to your friends. There is that cliche saying (and it is a bit dorky) but it goes: the only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

·
Never sit on a cactus ..
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And yeah too much skipping due to high levels of anxiety, but even when I did stay in class I was the one with the lowest grades in all my classes, literally.

·
intimacy without pain
1,192 Posts
Is your school aware of your problems? Sometimes you can get accommodations if you have a documented disability. Get your doctor(s) to send his/her notes/patient file on you to the school. It's worth it. I've been able to get extended test times and the freedom to leave class whenever I need to in the event of a panic attack. See if the school's administrators will work with you.

·
Never sit on a cactus ..
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you awkward with your parents or shy with them too? If not, ask if they can home school you if that is a possibility.
I'm not shy with them, but they wouldn't have the time to home school me. Plus their not exactly cut out to be teachers lol. They smoke pot all day

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I wonder if your anxiety is affecting the quality of your work. You are actually very well-spoken judging from these posts. Perfect grammar and punctuation and very clear. I really think you have the brains to get through high school. What about a GED? Something you could do primarily online might help you get caught up while you work on exposure to curb anxiety (so that you can eventually work). Would that work?

·
Greenmail
4,205 Posts
You could learn everything yourself from books, youtube videos, help sites, anything you can find. Start from the bottom and work really hard. Then do the GED. I dont think most HS teachers are very good at teaching because where I live most of them want you to memorize things, which isn't learning and no wonder its difficult to understand their "explanations".

Or perhaps you want to work towards something that doesn't require GED? Look into that.

·
Never sit on a cactus ..
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wonder if your anxiety is affecting the quality of your work. You are actually very well-spoken judging from these posts. Perfect grammar and punctuation and very clear. I really think you have the brains to get through high school. What about a GED? Something you could do primarily online might help you get caught up while you work on exposure to curb anxiety (so that you can eventually work). Would that work?
That's exactly what's happening, my anxiety is affecting everything. I know I have the brains, but I can't really use it as good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts