Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for example: at work, i am way more productive now because of the amazing things that i just hear in my head. I am learning things that help me do a better job. and im also learning things about how to move up in management. i love it.

and at school, ive been doing way better because all of a sudden i am realizing different things that i didn't know before.

in life: im realizing how to actually "live" life. im realizing how great life can be if you put effort into it. Its all coming together.

I should inform you that i have also been more religious lately. (praying more, following word of god, etc). Although i haven't been attending church. im still looking around for one to attend. a bit hard when you have SA

but im just basically saying that religion has saved me. I used to think of religion as a hoax and thought all religious people were a bit strange, but now i realize the truth. There has to be a God. Things are the way they are for a reason. Theres a reason why fruit grows on trees. theres a reason why our bodies function in such amazing ways. I hope im not sparking any debate here, just saying that religion did it for me. I dont like to think i follow strictly to one belief, but spiritually, its all there for me

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's very inspirational. I think there is value to keeping an open mind to things. Religion apparently has done it for you; support groups and individual therapy has done it for others.

I was thinking of something the other day, and I by no means wish to present it as a topic for debate, but rather as a hypothetical. What if someone went through life believing in the concept of a higher power only to discover somehow, some way, that it was a "hoax"? Might that person have derived benefit simply by believing in something during their life, something that gave them solace and a reason for living as well as optimism for the future?

I feel we have a lot to gain by being optimistic about the future. I don't see how that could ever aggravate our condition.

Again, congratulations on your effort and your success in finding something that really helps you. :banana

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mobile,

It sounds like you are finding enlightenment. You've opened your mind to inspiration and whisperings of what I'd call the Spirit. It seems that since you've opened your mind to believe there could be something there, something has come and said, "I'm here." This is great.

I've been religious for a long time. I don't think I know what it's like to not be religious. You make me wonder what bad things would happen to me, how I wouldn't be able to think or have faith, and I don't want to know.

I think I have a little taste. When I give up for some reason, a major religious part of my life, I get irritable and hopeless. It's bad. I am shut off from more good ideas, the positive ones.

Western Wall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts