Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am an older guy who has always had problems fitting in. Part of it is appearance, being a short, small, unattractive male means women generally don;t want to talk with you. I never had a male role model when growing up, and not able to be competitive in sports and was never part of any male group.
I remember as far back as 6/7 years old being for the lack of a better term rejected by the adults around me. I was never a cute kid, and I know appearance isn't everything, but I would say its at least 50% of being accepted.
I have many life examples where my appearance and lack of size were the major cause of rejection.

I am a quiet person, and like many here found being by my self is easier than trying to be part of a group. I am a good person and even when I offer help I get rejected.

You really miss having friends when you get older. I think I am at the high end of the autism scale. I have been thinking about being tested, it might provide some relief if I was. Although it wouldn't solve any problems.

Just venting I guess. pretty much lost hope of anything changing.

best to all

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Looking55! :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks aren't everything believe me, I've been told I'm a very good looking girl but I have trouble getting people to stay and have a conversation, I'm usually the one no one bother to start a convo with cause im too shy and quiet, I used to be left behind a lot when I was in high school because I was so quiet. I used to think there must have been something wrong with me like I might have a bit of autism or be abit slow? That was until I found out a lot of my problems was because of social anxiety. Oh and i know a lot of in attractive people who have a lot more friends then me, it's all about personality if you ask me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts