Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just joined. So, I've been laying in my bed all day hating myself and my life, when I should be having a good time somewhere with friends on this the Fourth of July. I googled "How do you not hate yourself", I guess because I wanted to see whatever stupid answers the internet had. It somehow led me here. This didn't seem so stupid. I have never been treated or diagnosed for social anxiety exactly, though I did get "treatment" in the form of Sertraline from the local medical clinic. Not that the Sertraline wasn't helpful, it's just that the moment I mentioned anxiety, the lame doctor seemed to panic and just write a quick prescription for the Sertraline without even asking any questions or even letting me ask any. I'm sure she thought I was just trying to scam her for xanax or some ****, as prescription drug abuse is a big problem in my little town. Anyways, I took the prescription and went and did my own research on the stuff before I decided it might work for me and began taking it. It seemed to help. But I never followed up and tapered myself off the stuff as my prescription ran out. Aside from that, I have never seen any kind of mental help professional for my issues. I'm not sure why I said all that, whatever, I just want to get help. I'm tired of being afraid to be around people and hating being so lonely. It hurts. It has had serious negative effects on my life. Though I have never been diagnosed, I know enough to know that if social anxiety isn't the main problem, though perhaps it is, it is a big part of it. It feels good to get that out. Although now it just means... let the judgement begin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey aloneininthewilderness. Definitely, no judgement here. By the way, I use google the same way lol, for research and then when I'm bored( put a subject in and see what ludicrous pops up, except in your case, you found something great). If you can, you should seek therapy. Therapy helped me loads. Good luck with your SA struggle.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, AloneInTheWilderness! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts