Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was this girl at work I thought was my friend. I dont know if i am over reacting or should just let it go. One day I noticed she told another co worker," we are going to work together on our sections" Her and I usually always helped each other. Well, that day she didnt help me at all. I didnt get jealous, I was kind of hurt but I learned to just let it go. Ever since that day, she has been calling me weird. Like she would just come up to me and say, "your weird" or "why are you so weird". She would also call me it in spanish which is la rara. I really felt she was picking on me and making fun of me in a way. We had this other girl we were close with and she told her dont tell her that it may hurt her feelings but she just laughed it off saying, "im kidding"

well the day came when i got tired of her telling me im weird. I confronted her about it and she said that i had days where i was happy then sad then just weird. I told her, "dont we all have those days" well to make things short she told me i cant take a joke and that she wasnt going to joke around with me anymore, even though we always joked around in the first place.

Im not going to lie i thought she was a friend. I would never pick on someone like that or as i think try to put someone down. I struggle with social anxiety and depression and this made me feel so sad. it got me thinking, "am i really weird" "will i ever make at least one good friend in my lifetime?" I guess you can say im just discouraged now, i really thought she was a friend. now it is so awkward at work! she told me that she is just going to tell me hi and thats it. Am I over reacting to this situation?

·
Registered
503 Posts
This doesn't sound like any friend I would want to be around. I sorry but were all weird in some way. She's weird because she can't deal with people that are different then her. I would watch what I say and do around her. I glad you confronted her but it sound like it didn't change anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts