Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Leben ist verrückt!!!!
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its so hard to have friends because its hard to relate to the girls at my school. Everytime, I attempt a connection, for some reason I cannot relate to them. See, most of the girls in my school are always talking about things like partying, boyfriends, sex, etc. Stuff like that and I havent really experienced those things, so its really hard to relate. Most of them think I'm weird because I havent experienced anything like that. Plus, I am always the quiet one and for some reason things just dont work out. Does this happen to you'll too?

·
Registered
537 Posts
No, not really.
But you could try making friends with lads instead of girls.

Or, you could fake it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I'm in the similar but opposite position.

I'm a guy, and most of my male acquaintances are pretty much talking about the exact same things (parties, sex, drinking, girlfriends).

I don't drink much at all, I've never had a girlfriend and I'm hardly the sort to have one night stands. That rules me out of about 95% of the conversations.

All I can really talk about is work and videogames (more of a guy thing I guess, I suppose we're lucky to have that to fall back on).

Still, not the most fun topics to chat about all day. I can sympathise :\

·
King of Procrastina-
564 Posts
All I can really talk about is work and videogames (more of a guy thing I guess, I suppose we're lucky to have that to fall back on).
I'm in the same boat. Except its work/school, videogames and sports. If they start talking about girlfriends or drinking I get pretty awkward.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well, if people around you only want to talk about sex and partying, they're pretty boring people. I've actually found that a lot of the my friends have had little experience with sex/relationships. And most of my friends are college seniors. There's still things to talk about too.

But also, you don't really need to have sex to talk about it. If you're inexperienced, you can always asks questions. It's really shyness (which can be seen as kind of a prudishness) that harms you more than any inexperience in the sex/partying/life departments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts