Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So found this site looking round the internet had a read and decided that for once I should man up and actually post.

I don't know if I should really spill my guts here but I might say a little (if I'm not meant to sorry!) I experienced sexual abuse when I was younger by a family member and it was basically swept under the table by the rest of the family and I guess from there it just manifested itself into worse things, I moved onto drugs/heavy drinking at 16 dropped out of school/got into the wrong crowd (we all know the typical story right? lol)

Then it started getting worse as time went on the fight or flight response would instantly kick in around anyone I didn't know, I would walk away from these people which worked but after a while as I was walking away I could swear I started to hear them saying horrible things behind my back (only ever happened with males if that makes any sense?) which was fine to begin with because the flight response won and I just left the scene but once again that manifested and after a short while when that occurred the fight response took over and I began to respond with aggression and violence.

After quite a few close calls on myself and others I harmed I am now scared of myself and basically lock myself away as much as possible because I'm afraid I'll hurt someone.

I'll stop the rant here but basically there is more to this that leads me to believe I'm suffering from some kind of social anxiety, hopefully my story doesn't led people to believe I'm some kind of nutjob lol

·
Registered
8,282 Posts
Hello and welcome :wel

Sorry for the things that have happened to you and the things you've been part of :\
Hopefully you can find the support and help on here to be more the person you want to be and have the life you want and can actually enjoy :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey fearfac welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, FearFac! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.