Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be easier to talk if my life revolved around my friends.
because if you always hung out, you would have something to talk about, somewhere to go, or something to plan. Whereas if you only talk to them once in a while, you have to rely on what's going on around you, what you did on the weekend etc to make conversation.
and that just gets awkward. :/
the whole "mind going blank" thing doesn't help though.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
lol i just experienced this today. My friend came over and I hadn't seen him in 6 months and he was telling me all these stories and stuff and i was just nodding my head along. Then when it was my turn to "tell stories" I had nothing interesting to say. I actually had to make up a few stories so he wouldn't get bored and leave. It seems like my problem is outside my very small circle of friends I have no other friends and they all do so when we are together i can only talk about the times we have been together and shared. My friends are starting to notice I have no social life beccause all we do when they come over is play video games and watch tv. THATS IT. boring for them and boring for me. I fail.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Honestly, I think the whole "needing something to say" thing is a load of crap. For me, it all has to do with how anxious I am at that moment. I could have a million stories to tell, but if im not comfortable, things will get awkward.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
This happens to me with certain people.
If I'm extremely comfortable, I have a million things to say, stories to tell, my weird humor, talking about movies I've seen, books I've read, what my friends have said, and everything.
If I'm not comfortable, then I rely on what I've been doing lately, but usually I haven't done much, so it's usually just silence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts