Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's called Chigarid. It's a small tincture like dropper bottle with a wand with sticky stuff on the end. You put it on the tick, it smells like "medicine" too, and it paralyzes it and then you take the wand and scrape it to the side and lift it off. I have used it for the first time today. I used to put alcohol on them and have it back out and then try to get it to the toliet but sometimes it would get away.This is for chiggers too and other bugs and if you have ever had them you'd know that it is something you'd want to get off.

http://www.chigarid.com/

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
.....and the winner of this barbecue goes a supply of...

Chigarid - removes chiggers and ticks with one touch. It also soothes insect bites, and protects the skin. Chigarid, use only as directed!!!

:yay: My first Price is Right wannabe plug.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Off! works fine for me. I am in the woods quite often, and I am constantly off trail and going through tall brush and grass. Today I used Off! and haven't found any ticks. I have found ticks before up my butt, on my nether regions, and elsewhere. I have found plenty of potential Lyme ticks but I assume I don't have it. After I go out in the woods and ride home on my bike, I usually take off my socks and shoes and leave them outside. Of course, I always inspect myself. This tick stuff seems like a good thing to have on hand, but if you have a Lyme tick on you there is a good chance you'll never see it and it's too late.

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
I guess they never had problems with ticks where I lived until the last few years. I know in Wisconsin they were always terrible. One time I was in a park in Northern Wisconsin and they were dropping out of the trees. I can hear them hit the ground. They finally migrated into the U.P. I always have them on me after being in the woods. I always take a good hot shower to ensure I get them off.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess they never had problems with ticks where I lived until the last few years. I know in Wisconsin they were always terrible. One time I was in a park in Northern Wisconsin and they were dropping out of the trees. I can hear them hit the ground. They finally migrated into the U.P. I always have them on me after being in the woods. I always take a good hot shower to ensure I get them off.
I wonder if we are talking about the same bug. Ticks are small as half a size of a pencil's eraser, although when they bite an animal they usually swell a lot bigger. What you are describing sounds very scary though.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Off! works fine for me. I am in the woods quite often, and I am constantly off trail and going through tall brush and grass. Today I used Off! and haven't found any ticks. I have found ticks before up my butt, on my nether regions, and elsewhere. I have found plenty of potential Lyme ticks but I assume I don't have it. After I go out in the woods and ride home on my bike, I usually take off my socks and shoes and leave them outside. Of course, I always inspect myself. This tick stuff seems like a good thing to have on hand, but if you have a Lyme tick on you there is a good chance you'll never see it and it's too late.
How did you get the bugs off of those areas? I mean what did you use? That is a fear of mine. :eek:

Do you apply Off! to your lower back and abs to help prevent them from crawling in the midsection area where the pants and shirt meet? and your ankles? I wonder what the best thing to do here for prevention.

I welcome responses from anyone. :um

My brother uses Chigarid too and told me about it. I asked him if he ever had a deeply embedded one that came out by this and he said no since he got it recently also. Mine wasn't embedded deep either but was attached. He told me if I was that curious just to wait for the next one to embed deeper and then try the stuff. I was like no lol. I don't like digging out the legs and the head if I don't have alcohol to make them come up for air. I saw this one came off quick but the head wasn't all in. I am still wondering how effective it is in all cases.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I grew up with some brothers so the conversation would dengenerate into smart*** like stuff with me just reacting to it as I am not like that in general with others and am quite polite usually, and we'd smack each other and that would lead to chasing in the woods down deer trails to hit back. They weren't abusive. A smack to the upper arm does not cause permanent harm and my arms were strong from swimming anyway. The older one would draw fishing line across the trails to make us trip and would dig holes on the trails and line with sticks and cover with leaves so we'd trip in the holes and sometimes into mud, and while we were on the ground and lost focus, he would unbeknownst to me at the time climb trees that had thick sticks of wood nailed to them as steps on the side not facing the trail. He would disappear up these thin trees with no branches on the lower trunk and for years I did not know where he was. Eventually he became an Eagle scout too. It would baffle me and although it was not a paranormal thing, it helped to open my mind to the belief of paranormal things later since at the time, I believed he must of actually disappeared or what? ? Because, I mean, what happened? I believe in the paranormal today but not from what I have seen outside of myself like that but this was quite baffling to me and on the level of a complex accounting problem with pages upon pages of perfectly compatible information that just didn't match. That too, is just bordering on the possibility of the paranormal. Only that of course involves pure evil and the possibility of alternative and paralell timeperiods and realities that overlap. Anyway I would get ticks a lot from the woods chasing and never used any chemicals like Off unless I went on some official outing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts