Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most people with SA I feel lonely. However I think my case is much more extreme than that. I'm just so depressed and isolated. I spend all my time studying, probably as a way to distract myself from my feelings. Even in lecture I don't have anyone to sit with. When I try to talk or when people ask me something and I'm slow to speak and when I do it's in short sentences or fragments. I feel like I'm painfully awkward to talk to so people avoid me. There are more than 40,000 students on my campus and I feel that can't relate to anyone. It's funny though, the thing I need the most (conversation) is also the thing that scares me the most.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, I can relate to pretty much everything you said. It's tough feeling so isolated when there are so many people my age around having a good time and making friends. It seems like every person I meet is great at conversation, and I'm always the only one who has no idea what to say.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've felt like that too for a long time, but it gets better if you find somebody to talk about your problems. There must be some nice people out there who you can trust.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey it's good that you stufy though! I just sit and stare into the distance all of the time and never actually study. I don't have any friends at my college. 0. I only have 2 friends in my life. You're not the only one, and I'm sure there are other people at our colleges thinking the same things as us. Just keep your grades up and you will get far and accomplish your goals.

·
Shine On You CrazyDiamond
640 Posts
My whole high school career in a nutshell minus the few close friends that I had (and thank the universe for them because they were the reason I survived those four years) I would not open up or talk to anyone else really. I might as well have walked around with "Wallflower" written on my forehead the whole time I went.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think most here can relate to that. I tend to keep to myself until I get to know some of the people around me, although I still tend to quiet down the more crowded a room is. I seem normal in groups of three or six. Thank god for my love of reading or I would have turned out worse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts