Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
people who have the same interests need a mastermind group for encouragement and faith so it's a very good thing there are people who can truly express themselves here.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, if you look at the number of people online, it doesn't seem like people are posting very much. Like right now, for instance. I should get off the computer though.

·
Banned
322 Posts
I don't think it is strange at all...if people cannot express themselves in real life social situations, then it would seem perfectly logical if they had a lot of self-expression to catch up on via the much safer medium of the internet.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I think most people find it easier to write their thoughts out on a computer screen rather than talking to someone in person.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think most people find it easier to write their thoughts out on a computer screen rather than talking to someone in person.
I agree.

And on here you can take your time to post a reply and try to make sure you get it right - IRL its so much harder to get what you want to say across in a way that other people dont think is backward.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I feel really comfortable on the internet.. I could say anything I want. Nobody could see me and judge me based on how I look or the way I act. They just see the words I type.. it's nice :).

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Sometimes I feel starved for human contact - I think one of the greatest luxuries in the world would be paying a therapist just to listen to me.- Or just about anyone for that matter.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I have to agree with you on that one! Way easier for me. :)
I think that if there were a high concentration of us in a given area we walk talk almost as much as we do on SAS.

But ... since that never happens... this site is the next best thing. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
haha. exactly!

Guess we're all actors playing the part we want to play.

I think the internet is a cycle trap.

Ditch the internet, and invest in a disguise so it's not you who is being judged- just the part you are playing.

Same thing.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think it's pretty funny. People nervous about interacting...interacting?? Lol. But it's not like we're an Anti-Social forum (does that exist?). We recognize our social desire..

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am very open on-line! Very talkative! If only I was like that IRL.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The InternetZ is the only thing that keeps me relatively sane. Without it, I would have no contact, a part from my family, with anyone. So I'm glad such a thing exists, especially this site.

·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
I wish I could express myself in RL. I can't express anything in RL i'm practically mute unless spoken to even then not much comes out very short one word answers. :(

·
Somewhere but not here.
1,802 Posts
no, some people have a lot to say.
Like me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts