Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Is your local library opened on Sundays?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
No my local library is not opened on Sundays, I live in Glasgow, United Kingdom.

I am very lucky to live only 30 mins away from the Mitchell Library which is the Europe's largest reference library (I assumed it would be London, but various sources say it's The Mitchell).

So often I go and sit and read, and there's a computer lab and coffee shop. No one bothers me, I just sit there and read random books or do some researching on a subject.

Mitchell Library:

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
it depends on the location. if any are open on sundays its always from 12-5pm. some are never open on sundays, and for others only from september to june, so the school year (for most).
i believe a few bigger locations are always open sundays.

No my local library is not opened on Sundays, I live in Glasgow, United Kingdom.

I am very lucky to live only 30 mins away from the Mitchell Library which is the Europe's largest reference library (I assumed it would be London, but various sources say it's The Mitchell).

So often I go and sit and read, and there's a computer lab and coffee shop. No one bothers me, I just sit there and read random books or do some researching on a subject.

Mitchell Library:
so cool. i hope i can visit there one day.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I believe so, but they may have cut hours due to the economy.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Yes, it is open, but only from 1-5pm. A few of the branches are closed on Sundays, but the larger branches are open.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
No, the nearest library isn't. Kentucky, USA.

Mitchell Library:
That's an awesome library! I'd go there if I lived near it.

·
Banned
424 Posts
PA. Shorter hours, 1-5 pm.

They want to cut hours now. :( I emailed my Congressman and everything, something I never do. I got an email back. :) lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Closed sundays, but i do live in Mississippi witch is in the Bible belt. All they have there is romance novels and history books on the civil war anyway.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I don't think so.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts