Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
Wellbutrin is an awesome anti-depressant in my opinion. Yes, it can be added to an SSRI, and it's motivating and gives you a bit more energy so it definitely can help with social anxiety. Some people feel MORE anxious on it though, so it's impossible to say how it will work for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wellbutrin combined with Zoloft was an excellent combo for me. I never felt better. Also Wellbutrin effectively reversed the sexual side effects of Zoloft. I was also on Klonopin at the time. This cocktail was very effective for my SAD and depression.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
if the SSRI is working properly I wouldnt add another AD
if not, up the dose
Normally I'd agree with this, but in my experience it's better to be on wellbutrin than on a higher dose of an SSRI. I don't know if you've tried wellbutrin, but of all the drugs I've tried it's the only one to have given me even a glimmer of hope.

As fcbfcb pointed out, it's also good for counteracting the sexual side effects of SSRIs. In fact, a lot of doctors prescribe alongside an SSRI just for that reason.

Pretty much all of the drugs I've tried just made me feel worse in one way or another. Wellbutrin was the only exception to this. I really feel like it's a very special drug.

·
Registered
881 Posts
wellbutrin/bupropion is really good to add to an SSRI. sometimes it can worsen the social anxiety though, but sometimes it can make it better. its a strong releaser of norepinephrine, which acts like adrenaline, it can cause insomnia sometimes. but its pretty much one of the only dopaminergic antidepressants out there....thats why it works when so many other ones don't. youve gotta have a balance of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, and GABA. if you just take an SSRI, it will lower your dopamine levels wayyy too low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts