Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, at the place I work, if you want to request a day off, you need to do it at least a month in advance. If you request off just two weeks ahead of time there's a good chance you won't be getting that day off. That's another reason I was wondering if two weeks is enough notice because I know it wouldn't be enough if I was just requesting days off, and here I'm trying to quit altogether. :lol

· "Individual lil ditty"
49 Posts
It's nice 0f y0u t0 give a n0tice, S0me pe0ple w0uld just never c0me back! Y0ur tw0-weeks is pr0fessi0nally acceptable.

· Heartbroken
341 Posts
Yes, two weeks is good.

I mean... i feel that if you can get fired or laid off without a 2 week notice to find another job, then why should you have to let them know you plan on leaving so they have 2 weeks to replace you. It's bull-****.

But.... you gotta put them down on your employment history when you apply for a new job. And if they decide to call your old employer, you wouldn't want them to say you just up and left. It'd mean you have poor work ethic... it that will make you look bad. It's all crap but it's how it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.