Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, well I'm pretty much over the last girl I tried to hang out with. And I recently moved into a new dorm hall with...ZOMG GIRLS? (My last place was an all male floor anti-social sausage fest). So my interaction with them is what I have from high school which is nil. That said, is it wrong to try to start a conversation with a woman simply because I find her attractive and somewhat friendly? Is it superficial, or just one of those normal things? (Yes, I am TOTALLY confused in regards to the opposite sex...my SA in these cases are actually that bad.)

More importantly....errrr how exactly do you START a conversation?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I dont think its wrong or superficial, you need to be attracted to them physically if its going to work. and thats usually where it starts, then you can get to know them better and see if you like them. as for starting a conversation i dunno try introducing yourself (i have little experience in this area)

·
Registered
177 Posts
course it's not wrong. i think that is how many conversations start. i just had a funny thought - i tend to attract grandpas for some reason, and older guys don't even play, they just got straight to the point - "hey good lookin!" too funny. okay, memories over.

how can you start a convo? well you are at school, so "what are you studying" can never go wrong, act interested in what she is studying. "how long have you gone to school here" if you just started there you could ask what there is to do around there, good places to eat, ect ect
if nothing else, figure out something you need to borrow and ask her if you can borrow it that will you have to see her again. :D

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
course it's not wrong. i think that is how many conversations start. i just had a funny thought - i tend to attract grandpas for some reason, and older guys don't even play, they just got straight to the point - "hey good lookin!" too funny. okay, memories over.

how can you start a convo? well you are at school, so "what are you studying" can never go wrong, act interested in what she is studying. "how long have you gone to school here" if you just started there you could ask what there is to do around there, good places to eat, ect ect
if nothing else, figure out something you need to borrow and ask her if you can borrow it that will you have to see her again. :D
Well...I DO need to find a rice cooker so I don't screw up the rice next time I make sushi...be a good excuse to go around the floor and introduce myself.

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it would be a lot more natural if you started conversations with everybody in your dorm, and not just the pretty girls.
You wouldn't have to fake borrow anything, either.
Nah, that's the ultimate goal...my problem actually will be INCLUDING da wimmin folk in general.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I am only able to build up enough courage to talk to so many people, so instead of choosing girls who I'm not really interested in I try to go for the attractive ones. Starting a conversation isn't too hard, all you really have to say is hey how's it going? Then you bring up something you know you have in common, like the basketball team's last game or upcoming finals. I have no clue how to get past there though unless the girl starts asking questions also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.