Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined a new gym and the only thing I like is the never ending equipment. Nothing else about it is good, I'm ok with that.
I am wondering what sort of person walks around the gym with a self help book in his arms. "Dare to connect"
Is that desperation, I think its freaky. When he puts it in his gym bag it is hanging out with the title on display.
I am not insensitive, but to me, if someone wanted to connect with someone, someone displaying a self help book, would make them go in opposite direction.
I keep my self help books private, it tells too much to poeple who dont care.
I'm being a jack-***.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I don't know if it's weird or not. The book might be reading material when he's on the treadmill or something like that.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if it's weird or not. The book might be reading material when he's on the treadmill or something like that.
Yep, thanks, cause I am so critical of myself I tend to do it with others, which is a bad trait, but nonetheless. I am cynical of me and then to others. I think its one character trait of social anxiety.
Cause I woudnt ever walk around with a self help book, I can't fathom others doing it, very judgemental, and I didnt think I was that bad, I must be.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
It could be a book about computers and the dangers of phreaking/phishing.

Dare to connect.....and have your identity stolen, kind of thing.

.....or it could be a book about contacting aliens. Think about THAT the next time you see him! :lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
I fear gyms, good job in joining one.

Seems like he could have SA too. Dare to Connect, maybe next time ask what the book is about.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know this is an SA forum, but you could always ask.

Just a suggestion, but that's the only way to solve the mystery. (Besides stalking him.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts