Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not (very) shy, and use to perform stand-up comedy, so I never have thought of having any social issues. But..... lately been having big problems. A typical situation is someone coming into my office at work, sitting down and talking to me. Very quickly I have an extreme urge to leave the room. My mind seems to be going a million miles an hour (as it i'm losing my mind) and I come very close to making up an excuse that I need to leave (more like run). I seem to "ride it out", as my mind calms down when I start talking. Is this anxiety (social or otherwise), or should I get my head examined?

Disclosure -- I have sleep apnea. I wonder if this is related to that, as I am having a hard time with effective Sleep Apnea treatment.

Today I felt pretty ok, but when this person dropped in my office, I had the above episode occur. Its happened before over the last 2 years. It happens (just sometimes) with all sorts of people visiting me..... people I know very well (friends), and business associates, etc. Not just limited to my office. Has happened is various degrees in other settings.

Any thoughts on what is going on and what I can do for this? Thanks!

·
socially disabled
276 Posts
are you able to hold a convo? make eye contact? take the test thats on this page it will show you how severe or if u have SA =) i found out i had sa from reading webmd and then i took the sa test and scored a 100 =/ wish u the best and hope u are not afflicted with this horrible condition..its a curse

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey undecidedmajor, welcome to :sas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts