Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm anxious with myself and with people around me. Even when I wouldn't need to talk to anyone, I feel anxious. I think I'm scared of things that could happen.. scared of me getting humiliated and being ashamed of something. I get these all weird symptoms and I wish there was something else wrong with me but no, doctors just laugh at me and say it's all about anxiety. Lately I got stomach problems, I had stomach infection and from that I haven't been able to eat certain foods.. I am supposedly having an Irritable bowel syndrome. And then I've been getting pain on my left underarm and chest but I guess it's nothing serious since it's not even getting worse with exercise. I get very dreamy at times, I can't concentrate on what other people are saying, I am restless and I don't know a reason for me behaving like this. All should be fine. When I speak why face goes red and hands shaking, heart racing added to it. I have never tried therapy really, would that maybe be the answer???

·
Registered
416 Posts
Generalized anxiety and social anxiety needn't be mutually exclusive.
a lot of people having social anxiety will have generalized anxiety as well.
You might be having both.

as far as the physical symptoms go, I cannot make a judgment based on the information you gave. it could be psychosomatic ( example - people could get upset stomach or headache when stressed out).
or it could be something else.
maybe something like your doc said, you are worrying too much.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Generalized anxiety and social anxiety needn't be mutually exclusive.
a lot of people having social anxiety will have generalized anxiety as well.
You might be having both.

as far as the physical symptoms go, I cannot make a judgment based on the information you gave. it could be psychosomatic ( example - people could get upset stomach or headache when stressed out).
or it could be something else.
maybe something like your doc said, you are worrying too much.
Okay, I understand. Well, what comes to stomach problems it seems that often just whatever food irritates it and exercising as well. My stomach was often bloated but now it is a little better after leaving milk products behind. Sometimes I exercise like a crazy because I'm really hopeless with my anxiety and exercise make me think of something else. I lose weight really slowly even I eat healthy. But what I'm mostly sick of is being so nervous all the time, not having a pieceful mind & body. I guess these stomach troubles go hand in hand with anxiety.. The pain in chest and left armpit started after doing regular jogging. Then I kept a little break and it went away for a while, then came back and often it just kinda burns in the corner of the armpit. I guess that could be because of the stomach troubles. I have a 'nervous stomach' as well. Another thing I have noticed is I don't really sweat much at all even when I exercise.. and that sometimes my face goes red and stays red a long time without otherwise feeling hot. Just the face, even when not too nervous.

Thanks for you reply! :D

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm anxious with myself and with people around me. Even when I wouldn't need to talk to anyone, I feel anxious. I think I'm scared of things that could happen.. scared of me getting humiliated and being ashamed of something. I get these all weird symptoms and I wish there was something else wrong with me but no, doctors just laugh at me and say it's all about anxiety. Lately I got stomach problems, I had stomach infection and from that I haven't been able to eat certain foods.. I am supposedly having an Irritable bowel syndrome. And then I've been getting pain on my left underarm and chest but I guess it's nothing serious since it's not even getting worse with exercise. I get very dreamy at times, I can't concentrate on what other people are saying, I am restless and I don't know a reason for me behaving like this. All should be fine. When I speak why face goes red and hands shaking, heart racing added to it. I have never tried therapy really, would that maybe be the answer???
honestly i wouldn't know if you have GAD or SAD. I'm not a doctor, but i can say...that your doctors should not have laughed when you said, "it's all about anxiety" that sucks. that's exactly the reason why i'm afraid to tell my doctor about my anxiety issues because i think she might laugh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had irritable bowel syndrome a couple of years ago, not pleasant. Although the cause is unknown, it's believed that a big life changing event could trigger it. As for your SAD diagnosis, based on what you've said I'd say you have it, even if you don't have it 100% what you described about yourself isn't "normal". I definitely recommend seeing a therapist, you'll either find it helpful or not, but it's better than doing nothing.

·
Registered
416 Posts
the doctor who laughed at you could be a regular doc (GP). he may have assumed that you are a "normal" person.

You could ask for a referral to see a Psychologist or a Psychiatrist.
or you could just look at the yellow pages and find one.

Mention your physical problems to your psychologist or psychiatrist

1 - 6 of 6 Posts