Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to think that I am a very shy person. But my shyness only manifests itself when I am with strangers (and people I am not very close to). I am perfectly comfortable when I am with my family members. (Not sure about friends, I have no friends! Lol)

I screw up when something unexpected occurs. Like, when somebody initiates conversation suddenly when I am not prepared. I met my professor (I am a college student) at the supermarket this morning. He greeted me and I went completely stiff. My mind blanked out and I did not know how to act. I totally froze up and stopped thinking. I guess I must have pissed him off. :roll

This does not happen to me always. It only happens when someone unexpected, talks to me unexpectedly. Usually when I am prepared, things go well (I mean, much better).

To those who have SA, do you experience the same thing? Or did I come to the wrong place? :roll

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sounds like you might have it. I know I've met people from school at the supermarket before, and I thought I was going to die. I just mumbled some stuff when they said hello, and got out of there as fast as I could (It wasn't helped by the fact that I was attracted to the person that I bumped into, lol!)

Welcome, though. Hope you have a good time here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like what I go through, I have actually cried in the same type of situation cause I didnt know how to deal with it!! Then the people or person thinks im crazy :roll till my hubby explains why I walked out and sat in our truck!!

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey TheConfusedOne welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, TheConfusedOne! :)