Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being on edge ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time? Even when you aren't dealing with SA directly?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i think that might be something else, because social anxiety is anxiety in social situations. i'm not sure what, though...

hopefully some one else will be of more help

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think it is generalized anxiety disorder. I am the same way. Some of my most anxious moments are spent alone, just worrying about nothing, feeling a sense of impending doom. I seem to have a bit of all of the anxiety disorders.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I feel on edge most of the time as well. I do have SA, but this is something more general anxiety related...I can be by myself and still feel tense and uncomfortable.

·
Banned
133 Posts
I think it is generalized anxiety disorder. I am the same way. Some of my most anxious moments are spent alone, just worrying about nothing, feeling a sense of impending doom. I seem to have a bit of all of the anxiety disorders.
This is probably the case. Although, based on my own experience, I think that SA can bother you even when you are not around people. For example, I might become very anxious about this coming social situation, self-critical over perceived failures in previous situations, and just generally on edge about many different things. Whether its social or generalized anxiety doesn't really matter; it is anxiety and any anxiety disorder can be treated with the same techniques.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts