Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My name is Trevor and I've had social anxiety for 6 years now and only getting worst. It started when I was 16. I've alway been a shy kid, my hearing was terrible and i've had 8 surgeries on my ears, getting pulled in and out of school through years. It made it difficult to understand what people were saying, therefore I would be put in humiliated situations over and over, embarrassing, angry, and sad. Now this mental illness has taken a toll on me. Here I am, I can barely look my co workers in the eye and when I do, I feel so weird and my heart starts beating. So scary, when there really is no fear there. I'm very quite, afraid anything that comes out of my mouth will sound dumb or I'll say it wrong. I can't speak my opinion, the fear on confrontation or awkward situations would make me faint, therefore I've lost my opinion and just nod my head at others and smile. I'm very nice, giving, caring, and talented, but this disease has full control inside and out. Eye contact is the worst part about it. Even walking down the street if someone's walking my way, I turn my head, trying to ignore them, look down, heart pounding finally looking at them with sheer intensensness. And somehow I manage to get up out of bed and do this over, and over, without any help. I have tried meditating in the past and it helped but my motivation has gone away completely. I was an alcoholic and going on 14 days clean so far but vicidin sure does the trick in heated situations at work. I've seen therapists but run away. Even joining this sight is hard for me to do to be honest but the least amount of confrontation possible is key for me, so I want to try it out and see what happens. It is very nice to see I'm not alone, Until next time,

Trev

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Trev and welcome to SAS.. I just joined to and i really like it here. I can relate to everything you said because I have a hard time looking at people in the eye as well.. I just blush completely and it makes it worse.. But anyways I think you will like it here too be sure to check out my "Motivation" thread because I really want people to feel good about themselves..

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey Trevor welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Welcome, TBear86! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.