Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I take my adderall all is good but when I come down off of it my heart starts beating really fast which worries me. Is this normal and will it go away with time?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm not sure as this is only my 2nd day on adderall and I haven't had that experience. If I were I would definetly talk to my doctor about this. This could be very serious.

·
Registered
676 Posts
What type of adderall do you take and after how many hours do you experience this rapid heartbeat?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I take the generic pharmacorp Adderall.
Sounds like you're experiencing something similar to what I did. I got the generic adderall from hell, which is made by Barr. The first 2 or 3 times I took it I could feel it helping and when I came down it wasn't too bad but within a week I was a wreck. While on it I was really confused and aggressive, snapping at everyone and when I came down I was depressed, crying, almost suicidal. I had head aches and I could feel my heart pounding hours after taking it, after coming down as you said. I requested my doc give me another prescription and got the name brand. Alot more expensive and they had to order it in, but theres such a big difference in how I feel on it. It makes me productive for about 5-7 hours (adderall IR) and I feel just a little sleepy when it wears off, sometimes I don't even notice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
wow! It sounds like a huge difference between the generic and name brand Adderall. Unfortunately I can't afford the name brand right now as I have crappy insurance. That sucks.

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you're experiencing something similar to what I did. I got the generic adderall from hell, which is made by Barr. The first 2 or 3 times I took it I could feel it helping and when I came down it wasn't too bad but within a week I was a wreck. While on it I was really confused and aggressive, snapping at everyone and when I came down I was depressed, crying, almost suicidal. I had head aches and I could feel my heart pounding hours after taking it, after coming down as you said. I requested my doc give me another prescription and got the name brand. Alot more expensive and they had to order it in, but theres such a big difference in how I feel on it. It makes me productive for about 5-7 hours (adderall IR) and I feel just a little sleepy when it wears off, sometimes I don't even notice.
This is exactly what it does to me when it wears off. I keep questioning if I should stay on it or not. When it works I think "yea, this med. really helps", but when I come down I say "man, i simply cannot stand this horrible comedown every day". Its absolutely horrible. During the day time I love Adderall, during the afternoon/night I absolutely hate it. I hope this comedown goes away with time. I was prescribed the same exact thing last year around this time and don't remember the comedown being anything near as bad as it is now.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Adderall XR sucks for me. That crap gives me brain shocks and makes me feel like the aliens are trying to beam me up to space. I take generic Adderall. Not sure who manufactures it but it is pink with crosses on it. I love it. It is even my favorite color! :D

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Oh and my heart flutters on Adderall. But that happens when a Noca ims me to so not sure what it is :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts