Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I'm asking this:

Are the Jonas Brothers a good band to listen to?

I was watching the David Letterman Show a couple nights ago and the Jonas Brothers came on and I had never heard any of their songs other than one like a year or 2 ago which was all right-anyways, I pretty much had no respect for the Jonas Brothers until that performance on the letterman show-

I mean, if any of you guys are like me you have listened to some new bands that are trying to make it and you've seen how its hard for them to make a dent in the music industry cuz they don't have their own sound which is something you have to have to be successful-they sound like everyone else

But when I heard the Jonas Bros play, they definitely had their own sound and I couldn't help thinking that it was a mistake for them to choose to be part of Disney or whatver cuz they limited their fanbase by doing that esp since they've said how they're trying to expand now(I know this cuz I follow entertainment news,mags,etc)-But then again, Disney made them famous so what do I know........

All I know is that if I had heard that song they played on the radio, I would never have guessed it to be the Jonas Bros and I would have googled the lyrics to see who the band was-Seriously, click on this link for the performance:
and I recommend that you listen to the song without looking at them performing so u can give me an objective opinion..they seem to have that sweet pop sound

So are the Jonas Bros worth listening to?

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
...I kind of like them. I'd never *ever* admit that in person, but their songs are really catchy in an 'Nsync or Backstreet Boys sort of way. And they can actually play instruments (except for one of them), which is impressive for a boy band.

They're pop. I don't see how they're any worse than Lady Gaga or Madonna or something.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I don't see any problem in likeing them. I don't think there even that bad and their songs are catchy. If they weren't with disney I could defiently see them being just as acceptable to listen to as say Fallout Boy.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Haven't really listened to them, but they are really popular, so I assume they are doing something right. Like someone else said, listen to what you like, don't worry too much about what others think. Honestly, when it comes to Disney acts, I prefer Miley Cyrus, but hey, that's just me. :b

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last year when they had a new album out, the store I work at had them on a loop to promote it. I wanted to kill myself :lol
hahahaha

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
They're alright, not quite the music I like to listen to but I can see why people could like them.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey,you can like what you like. For a pop band though, I could not name or recall one of their hits. Like Lady Gaga etc. some songs are reasonably recognizable hits that you hear on the radio. I couldn't say the same for the Jonas Brothers and that's telling to me for a "pop" band if they will have longevity.
Truthfully, there are better bands that are doing similar things, but the Jonas Brothers are the biggest w/ the kids right now. They have everyone's attention so good for them.

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Bubblegum Babylon - they're okay. At least they're brothers, which adds a family twist to it. :stu

·
SAS Member
14,540 Posts
I didn't know they existed before i read this thread. But even if i did, it's not something i would brag about. Bands like that make me want to vomit.

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
I didn't know they existed before i read this thread. But even if i did, it's not something i would brag about. Bands like that make me want to vomit.
...like N'Stink :lol.

·
Burnt-on cheese
1,005 Posts
no... lol

I don't care who listens to them personally. But I checked on YouTube because I was curious too, and I heard the most ungodly indescribable excuse for a rendition of a BEATLES song that I could have imagined. So it did not endear them to me. That is my opinion.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.