Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow SAS dwellers, I plan on taking Nardil soon and I iam also quite a bit into working out. Protein requiremts are important in my case and, in addition to almost a liter of skim milk per day, I take about a 120 grams of whey protein isolate powder spread out throughout the day everyday. I need the advice of someone very knowledgeable as my doctor does not know *** about MAOIS and protein supps interactions.

I take whey protein isolate powder( brand : impact whey isolate), mixed with water ( it can be bought flavoured or plain)

Thanks a lot for your informed answers.

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
I believe whey protein should be fine. Before you start anything new on an MAOI go slow though and watch for reactions.
I second this. I have heard anecdotal reports that people are fine using a soy protein powder. It is not going to give you an instant hypertensive crises like aged meat or aged cheese. Just start with a small amount and than monitor your blood pressure. Than titrate up slowly and watch your BP.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Make sure you look on the label, some whey proteins do have quantities of amino acids and whatnot in them. The whey protein I use has glutamine, tryptophan, tryosine, and other compounds. The quantities may be significant, mine has 504mg of tryptophan per scoop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@rustybob

The website describes the impact whey isolate as:

"Our Impact Whey Isolate® is an extremely rich source of whey protein derived from vegetarian sweet cheese, sourced directly from the world's leading whey protein manufacturers."

The website lists the following ingredients for the protein isolate powder:

"Undenatured Whey Protein Isolate*, Cocoa Powder (chocolate flavours only), Flavouring (flavoured options only), Citric Acid (raspberry flavour only), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Sweetener (Sucralose® [flavoured options only]), Colouring (Quinoline & Sunset Yellow [banana flavour only], Carmoisine [raspberry flavour only], Beetroot Red [strawberry cream flavour only]). *From Milk"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts