Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the second time we hung out alone together, a guy told me he loved me. I told him I loved him back. Maybe there is such a thing as love at first sight. But shortly after that, he said he was on the run from the cops. I was really confused and sad. He didn't say anything after that but I noticed he would do things on facebook. I sent him a message on there but he didn't send one back. I saw him write status messages like "when I look into your eyes, I see myself." I assumed he was talking about another girl since he had not communicated with me in several weeks. I thought he was ignoring me and I was very angry. I started to believe he didn't love me. So I thought it would be okay to make out with a guy at a party. I am starting to wonder if that means I don't love him but I was drunk and I smoked pot before it happened. I sent him another message after that, this time I sounded p*ssed off and I accused him of not loving me. He told me he wasn't lying and we started talking again. He says he will be back on April 1st and I don't know if I should tell him that I made out with someone else. If I don't I might feel guilty but I don't want to hurt him either. I hope this doesn't make me a cheater. I don't want to ever be like that.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Doesnt sound like cheating, doesn't sound like you two are in a commited relationship and anyway a drunken makeout isnt a big deal unless you two are going out then its a different story.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Well, if it was only the second time you two had been together alone, it doesn't seem like much of a relationship, but I don't know. How long had you been seeing him before the 'I love you's were said? I don't believe in the love at first sight thing, so yeah.
He went on the 'run' shortly after, pretty much ignored you for a while (though he was clearly on facebook, but couldn't contact you) until you got upset with him and he started talking to you again? That doesn't sound like much of a relationship to me, sounds like he's leading you on as a girlfriend to be there when he wants you to be, but I don't have any relationships to base that on.

Anyway, no, I wouldn't say you cheated because I don't think there was a clear relationship going on for you to cheat.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I can't see how this is cheating at all, as you aren't in an actual committed relationship with him. It also sounds to me as though you were interested in committing he had a hard time making up his mind in the end - as otherwise (imo) he would have made an effort much sooner to let you know where you stood and how he felt about you - rather than ignoring your messages for the time he did. The way that i see it is that tilll you do know where you stand you've actually every right to see other people on a casual basis if that's what you want to do. Just because he may have had a difficult time deciding how he feels/what he wants isn't any reason why you should suddenly stop living your life the way you want - as you're actually still single.

I don't think you should be feeling guilty/bad about it. You've not done anything wrong. ;-)

How can "I love you" not mean you are in a relationship?
I don't mean for this to come across the wrong way. ;-) If it's just words, not backed up with actual actions, then it's not a committed relationship. Particularly if either one person or both people don't make much effort to communicate with the other or spend time with them on a regular basis.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
It's not cheating. The guy ignored you for several weeks. It sounds to me like he's stringing you along. I wouldn't have waited around for him either. :mum

And, seriously, he's on the run from the cops? Is that true or is that just what he told you in order to stop communicating with you? If it's true, then you should probably think about whether or not this guy is dating material in the first place... (Of course, that also holds if it's NOT true.)

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yes, it's cheating. You may not have spoken in a while, but you were still in some sort of relationship.

You should sort things out with one person before you move on to another, one night stand or not.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
He was clearly messing you about. You weren't cheating, unless you two had clearly comitted to each other. If you had made out with someone lese the day after you swapped declarations of love, that'd be cheating, but he'd been ignoring you and messing you about for ages, so how could you know where you stood with him? It wouldn't be fair of him to expect you to wait for him under those circumstances.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
It's not cheating at all, in addition to the fact that the 2nd date is a little too early to declare love.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
You hung out twice. It's pretty normal to assume at that point you were not in a relationship. You are free to make out with anyone you want.

·
Banned
791 Posts
It's not cheating. The guy ignored you for several weeks. It sounds to me like he's stringing you along. I wouldn't have waited around for him either. :mum

And, seriously, he's on the run from the cops? Is that true or is that just what he told you in order to stop communicating with you? If it's true, then you should probably think about whether or not this guy is dating material in the first place... (Of course, that also holds if it's NOT true.)

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)
Agreed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's not cheating at all, in addition to the fact that the 2nd date is a little too early to declare love.
Very true. And if he really did love you...you would have heard from him sooner. My best guess is that he said what he thought would get him laid. People on the run from the cops aren't usually the kind to be honest about their intentions. Do yourself a favor and stay away...sounds like nothing but heartbreak.

·
Registered
750 Posts
There are far more important things to worry about than whether your little kissing experience was cheating or not. Like, for example, why you would profess to someone that you love them after hanging out with them two times. Would you mind telling me how old you are? It would provide some better perspective.

BTW, he's not on the run from the cops. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Especially since he's obviously able to hang out online and update his facebook on a regular basis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts