Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i tried to log into a website at home that says "the website you are entering can damage your computer" and then directs me to a website where i can purchase 'antiviruse 360' for about $400. its been doing this with every website except my yahoo mail. it looks like its only when i go online through my IE icon because when i browse the web using AOL, i dont get this message.

·
SAS Member
14,465 Posts
Sounds like somekind of malware.
Try downloading malwarebyte, spybot and scan your pc(but update the programs first)
It should get rid of them...sometimes they can find the malware and not be able to delete them. If they do, write down the name(s) and google it. It should take you to websites that have detailed explanations on how to delete them.

oh and also...don't us IE :)
Get Opera or Firefox.

·
Heartbroken
340 Posts
I was getting the same problem about a year ago. It was a pain in the arse. I don't remember what i did but i don't think it solved the problem. I just stopped using IE and started using Firefox all of the time. Firefox is great.

Other then having a hard time with IE, it didn't do anything else to my computer that i could tell.

I'm not THAT computer savvy tho. Listen to Logan X. Sounds like he knows what he's talkin bout!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts