Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Awesome.
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my closest friendship is ending. I've been trying to contact her for a long time with hardly any response - and definitely no effort from her to maintain any relationship.

I sent her an email where I tried to be very careful to simply state her actions and tell her how they made me feel. She came back with what I consider to be a really passive aggressive and inappropriate response (inappropriate in that I don't think my email warranted it).

I would like to ask my counselor to read both the email I sent and the one I received to find out if I'm way off in my thinking. Do you think that's a stupid use of time? Do you think she would even be willing to do it?

I'm in school and fortunately get free counseling, so I'm not paying for the time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
It might be useful. If you're crazy as hell, she'll immediately notice that your description of events and the actual conversations don't line up. Maybe you sound like a jerk and you don't realize it.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
Not a waste of time. Its good to have an objective outsider look at this type of situation so you can gain a realistic idea of it. It would be useful I think.

·
Awesome.
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It might be useful. If you're crazy as hell, she'll immediately notice that your description of events and the actual conversations don't line up. Maybe you sound like a jerk and you don't realize it.
The crazy thing is that my friend agreed that she had done all the things that I said.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A lot of people have some very diverse opinions about hypnosis, and its implications on the mental state of people who undergo its treatments. There's certainly a lot more to it than magic tricks and showmanship.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts