1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zoloft @ 50mg per day
Adderall XR @ 10mg per day
Xanax XR @ 1 mg per day

What do you guys think? I have all 3 right now. Do you think paxil would be a better substitute for the zoloft. I know everyone's different, but what's your take?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
That sounds pretty wonderful. Adderall + Xanax = no anxiety at all.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone had experience with both paxil and zoloft? Which did you like better? I think paxil might work better for me, but I'm not really sure.

·
Banned
232 Posts
they are both prozac type so not much difference between them, however everyone reacts differently to antidepressants

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great combo with adderall and xanax. I have adderral and klonopin and it has worked great for me. I took zoloft a while back for 6 months and the whole time i felt liek a zombie. Everyone is different though. I really like welbutrin. Some say it causes more anxiety but i havent noticed a difference.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Zoloft @ 50mg per day
Adderall XR @ 10mg per day
Xanax XR @ 1 mg per day

What do you guys think? I have all 3 right now. Do you think paxil would be a better substitute for the zoloft. I know everyone's different, but what's your take?
Adderall in combination with potent benzos (and a good SSRI if necessary) is one of the best combos available for SA.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Anyone had experience with both paxil and zoloft? Which did you like better? I think paxil might work better for me, but I'm not really sure.
Personally I think Zoloft is the better drug with less side effects in general.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well, they're both used for SA, so either one should help somewhat. I've tried both and at the time, Paxil was the better one, because it's slightly more sedating/calming for me it also gave me a great deal of self-confidence, a little too much at times. Zoloft made me more anxious at times (perhaps more than I normally would in some situations) but it's very energizing and I found great for motivation and mood. I also found Zoloft made me a bit obsessive about things, and I would vigorously clean my room often, making sure things were immaculately tidy.

By the way, there have been claims over at the Dr bob site, that Zoloft could technically be considered a SDRI.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
By the way, there have been claims over at the Dr bob site, that Zoloft could technically be considered a SDRI.
Yeah whether or not zoloft can be technically classified as an SDRI is the topic of much debate, according to Dr Preskorn;

"Although sertraline is consistently the most potent (at the dopamine uptake pump), it is still 100 times less potent in terms of inhibiting the dopamine versus the serotonin uptake pump. That means the physician would have to increase the dose (ie, the concentration) of sertraline 100 times higher than that needed to inhibit the serotonin uptake pump before a comparable effect would be achieved on the dopamine uptake pump."

http://www.preskorn.com/books/ssri_s3.html

However zoloft is usually the SSRI of choice to combine with Wellbutrin, a combo somtimes refered to as "Well-loft" as the dopaminergic properties of both are supposed have a synergistic effect.

·
Registered
544 Posts
"Well-loft" LOL! sounds great. Although, I would expect it make someone with SA feel extremely agitated taking those both together.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Lol yeah sounds almost like a retreat out in the woods where people go to stay to feel better than well :p

But yeah, it's probly more geared to depression than SA, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Next time I go to my pdoc I'm thinking about asking for klonopin instead of xanax due to its longer duration of action. I get horrible insomnia at night which is a side effect of both adderall and zoloft.

·
Registered
609 Posts
stim/benzo combo is great for SA....best combo there is i believe...problem is, it not practical, you cant take it every day without problems down the road...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts