Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't have to have anything to do with SA - I'm afraid to use an automatic car wash.- I realize a trained chimp could easily do that-I have an irrational fear that I'll do something wrong and destroy the car so I come up with any old ridiculous excuse to avoid it.

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
umm i dont know if this is common but im really scared of airplanes, ive watch way to many show on how airplanes go down

·
Registered
760 Posts
This is going to sound silly but at times I'm afraid of deep water...partly because I can't swim or even float for that matter. I used to miss all the swimming lessons as a kid because I was so anxious and would chicken out. I'd love to able to swim, I'd go to the beach everyday!

umm i dont know if this is common but im really scared of airplanes, ive watch way to many show on how airplanes go down
Yeah there's been a few this year. It's scary stuff. I've never had probs with planes, although God help me if it crashed in the middle of the Indian ocean :eek:

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
I am so scared of the ocean because there are so many creatures there that freak me the hell out. I can't even swim either, so that makes it worse...now sometimes I imagine myself floating there IN their playing ground where I am at the worst disadvantage. Omg I can't even imagine going in the water and then looking down and seeing a HUGE whale swimming by, under me or next to me! OMG I am freaking out just thinking about that. I would die of a heart attack. They are just so huge and scary, and what about those random ocean animals, even fish freak me out!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm scared of pumping gas too..it's not that I'm scared to do it, it's that I'm scared I won't know how to run the pump and end up looking like a complete idiot!

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
saym-The gas issue is a problem for me to-I always go to the same gas station,if at all possible. Just realized something-just about anything that involves using something that's mechanical or technical frightens me to death-maybe I should have lived in the 40's - geez I'm sad!

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
i'm terrified of lake/ocean water of any depth and pool water deeper than 5 or 6 feet. i'm also terrified of anything that might be living in the water, and even in the pool i panic because i feel like there might be something living in there that will grab my foot when i'm not looking.

·
Shauna The Dead
6,389 Posts
I'm afraid of escalators and sometimes stairs, depending on how many there are, how they're made and if there's no rail to hang on to then I'm terrified to go up or down them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
butterflies.... its the wings...

Other than that, I have a strange one...
Say for example, someone broke a snow globe right in front of me?
I would be scared of anything that comes out of it.
When I was 7 we had a toy fish tank thing made of beach ball plastic with a plastic fish floating in the middle and it burst and my sister chased me all the way down the road with the fish, I hated it.
Anything that isnt meant to come out of an inanimate object.

·
SAS Member
941 Posts
Automatic car washes is an issue for me as well. I finally washed my truck the other day myself as it was getting pretty dirty. :um

I used to have a fear of drive-thru's, like at a bank or fast-food restaurant, but I go through those now without much of a problem, although I don't go to either very often.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am so scared of the ocean because there are so many creatures there that freak me the hell out. I can't even swim either, so that makes it worse...now sometimes I imagine myself floating there IN their playing ground where I am at the worst disadvantage. Omg I can't even imagine going in the water and then looking down and seeing a HUGE whale swimming by, under me or next to me! OMG I am freaking out just thinking about that. I would die of a heart attack. They are just so huge and scary, and what about those random ocean animals, even fish freak me out!
I feel the same way, I can swim but the things in the ocean freak me out. I so bad that even watching the discovery channel on like giant squids makes me freak out and i have to change the channel. Makes me shiver a little even now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i'm terrified of lake/ocean water of any depth and pool water deeper than 5 or 6 feet. i'm also terrified of anything that might be living in the water, and even in the pool i panic because i feel like there might be something living in there that will grab my foot when i'm not looking.
I know, I find myself panicking and like swimming away as fast as i can while i'm in a swimming pool. Then i feel ridiculous.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I'm afraid of pumping gasoline.
I used to be nervous about doing this. Had this thing with pulling the car up too far, or not enough... then I'd always manage to get the pump hose tangled. Still do on occasion, usually around my legs! :lol

One thing I don't like is pulling into those garages to get my oil changed. Having all those guys standing around staring really bothers me.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I used to have a fear of drive-thru's, like at a bank or fast-food restaurant, but I go through those now without much of a problem, although I don't go to either very often.
I also used to be terrified of going through the drive through. I would always go inside instead. I don't know why. It would make more sense with the whole anxiety and wanting to avoid people thing to not want to go inside.

·
Day Of The Dead
945 Posts
Planes and flying. Oddly enough, I'd rather sail on a boat. It would take longer, sure, but I just feel safer. I also have a fear of spiders, arachnaphobia

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
I am afraid of forklifts, but only when they are indoors.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts