Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That contributes to your SA.

I myself have a slight nose deformity from falling on my face as a baby too many times. i have been picked on my whole life about it. I doubt I will ever have it fixed. I have also been chubby my whole life. I am athletic but chunky.

I believe it has conditioned me to be avoid people, avoid interaction. I always feel like I'm being judged.

·
Explode or Implode
83 Posts
Hmm, lets see. I have a big nose, those damned English eyes that look like you haven't slept in 24 hours, small lips, big jaw, short, stumpy legs, long torso.. wow, I'm amazed I've had boyfriends in my short life ^ ^;
But honestly, I'm sick of giving a ****! I'm sick of society telling me I should go jump off of a cliff because I don't look like a god damned super model. I will consume as much quality air, food products, water as I want while experiencing the best of life that I can get. I'm a rare collection of matter that is experiencing itself consciously and that is something INCREDIBLY rare in the universe.
Life is the ultimate opportunity.

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
Face like a burn victim, and the fact that I'm a male in my mid-20s with a bra cup size bigger than my mom's.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I used to be made fun of because of my forehead or "five-head" "2 by 4" as they used to call me. It cut down my confidence but I do get compliments daily about my looks but I still hold on to my past where I used to cry all the time as a kid. I think it contributes heavily to my S.A.

·
Here, there & everywhere
233 Posts
I have a crooked tooth, I'm really short, I have a big head and I'm pale. I don't hate these things, these are just what people like to point out about me.

·
840 Posts
My cheeks are badly scarred from acne. It has made me a thousand times more self-conscious than I was when I had normal skin. Also, my teeth aren't as straight as I'd like.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
My shortness. It's not a big deal but I can't help but feel like less of a man when standing beside a tall guy.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
big fractured nose, slightly protruding lower jaw (which stops me from smiling as I think its more noticeable when I smile), skinny wrists and small hands.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
lol thanks. But people are still critical of what I look like. Even though I look a lot better then I did 2 years ago I'm always going to be self-conscious about my appearance. :(
Don't let yourself down too much because you look pretty :)

As for me, what I don't like is my overall size. I want to be a bit bigger but I am really small made ... But that doesn't bother me too much cause people tell me I look cute ;) But I like to have a longer neck and bigger eyes. Generally I like the way I look .... I guess I am in a good mood today :b

·
Registered
47 Posts
My eyes are too big. I have been told on more than one occasion that I look like some kind of anime character. Or a bush baby. Thanks for that, everyone. I'm also only five-foot-one, and putting that alongside the massive eyes and slightly childish face, I look like a ten year old. And I have really dry skin on my face and eczema on my arms. I have really pale skin and shadows under my eyes even when I've slept well. My lips are too thin when I smile and my cheeks are too round. And no matter what I do with it, my hair is ridiculous.

I hate my teeth most, though. They used to be ridiculously crooked and now they are nearly straight but I have braces which I hate just as much. I don't think I've smiled without covering my face since I was a six year old. I am secretly convinced that once my braces are off and my teeth look at least decent I'll be far more confident in myself and half my problems will be gone.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I've very tall and very skinny. It bothered me severely for the longest time. I used to wear baggy clothes and weight lift/eat protein obsessively to gain muscle mass. After going through a lot of CBT, I've accepted my body for the most part, although I still feel a little uncomfortable taking my shirt off at a public place like a beach.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts