Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Permanently Panned
7,900 Posts
I used to wonder the same thing until I discovered spotify.Spotify opened me up to realize that there is an inconceivable amount of "good" music out there.
OMFG!!!!!!!

- Modest Mouse
- The Smashing Pumpkins
- God Speed You! Black Emperor
- Filter
- 65daysofstatic
- Siver Mt.Zion
- Aphex Twin
- Emeralds
- Moby
- Steve Hauschildt
- Stone Sour
- Deftones
- Slipknot
- James Brown
- Jesu
- Godflesh
- Pale Sketcher
- Mark McGuire
- Silversun Pickups
- KoЯn
- The Horrors
- Burial
- Device
- Metallica
- Bob Dylan
- Paul Leo Morgan
- Helmet
- *Shels
- Kowloon
- Ashtar Command
- Final
- Holy Sons
- Delta Spirit
- Barn Owl
- Otis Redding
- Miley Cyrus
- Killbot
- Bjork
- Chavez
- Codeine
- Ugly Cassanova
- Telefon Tel Aviv
- Crosses +++
- Massive Attack
- Serj Tankian
- System of A Down
- Dustin Wong
- Jesus and Mary Chain
etc................

·
Registered
332 Posts
I agree, Spotify is lovely.

·
Ravishingly Low
68 Posts
"Let Me Take a Selfie" is somehow considered music. A bunch of my brain cells tired the first unfortunate time I heard it.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Yes. There are so many good bands and musicians doing awesome things right now that most people will never know about. Every genre, no limits. Truth be told, it's not on the radio and most of the time it isn't even on Spotify or Youtube.

Dig deeper and you'll find deeper music.

·
Registered
740 Posts
you are not looking hard enough if you are relying on the radio to bring you good music.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Modern music is so wonderful that threads like this upset me.

Only you need search for culture, it is there.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yeah... there's tons of good music...

What kind do you prefer? It's impossible to suggest music you'd enjoy, without knowing your personal biases.

As you can probably tell, I prefer tech music...

·
Banned
901 Posts
YES! without doubt. There are only 2 kinds of music - good and bad. I used to get asked a lot what types of music I liked because of my line of work. At first I used to answer - everything but country but then I discovered Johnny Cash. Modern music is no different to that has went before in that respect.
I suppose I've been lucky in that I always used to have different groups of friends that were into very different types of music but I do feel sorry for anyone that tends to dismiss any of main genre of music or only like music of a certain period (that most certainly includes electronic and hip hop) I'm not claiming that I don't like any specific sub-genres but there is good stuff to be heard in all the main genres.

For quality selections across the board check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music
I'd say this is even true in the underground. The BBC has been awesome lately though, they're picking up on the really obscure lo-fi stuff as well as staying true to what's happening now in the popular, non-radio circles. They seem to cover literally all bases.

The only music worth a damn is music from the 1950's-1980's. After that music sucks.
The main difference (imo) is that now, the radio just sucks. You really have to have the time on your hands to dig for good music nowadays, because although people know about a good portion of it, it's not all over the radio or being heavily promoted. The market everywhere is saturated.

- Emeralds
Yes, yes, yes. Have you heard The Overlook tour cassette? Mindblowing.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
^Thanks... listening to it now...

this is pretty close in the same vein...

Anyways, it all sort of blurs, the lines of genres these days, anyways...

BeachGaBulldog said:
The only music worth a damn is music from the 1950's-1980's. After that music sucks.
Oh yeah...

Sort of 80s along these lines, eh?

Pilfrom said:
I agree, Spotify is lovely.
Let me guess...

·
Registered
128 Posts
There is copious amounts of good music out there. What kind of genre interests you? Right now I'm listening to Woodkid a lot.

·
Registered
134 Posts
love..

I just Love COLDPLAY! Their sound reminds me of early U2. Coldplay really talented. Other than them...not alotta new stuff worth anything. But everyone has different tastes too! Which is whats so great about music. Theres something for everyone to love...Also im really sad Linda Ronstadt has Parkinsons disease now and she said she cant sing for us anymore! I think she just announced that this year. She is Great...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts