Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but the others didn't look quite right either. This happened when I was a little but I've always wondered what to call it. A therapist I saw years ago didn't have any suggestions.

My dad came home from work and I showed him this card house I built--4 levels I think. He got this devilish look, knocked it over and walked away without saying anything. I went to my bedroom to calm down. After lying on my bed for a while, I got what felt like a jolt of electricity. It was like that full body twitch that you sometimes get before falling asleep X 100. It happened again a few minutes later. I thought I was struck by lightning or something. It was a sunny day but I got up and asked my mom anyway if there had been any, but of course there hadn't. I didn't connect the incidents.

I have wondered if this was a panic attack, but reading descriptions now it doesn’t seem like that. It seems more like it was something to get my mind off the card house incident, since I forgot all about that for several years (I remembered it on my own). So, is there a psychological term for this sort of thing?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
That is interesting. Sounds like a superhero genesis story where you turn into Lightning Lad and zap all the bad people.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea but that is so sad!!!!! I'm sorry your dad was such an ***.
I should say he wasn't usually cruel like that--usually just critisizing. I imagine he had a bad day at work. I guess internalizing it was my the only way I could (subconsciously) deal with it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is interesting. Sounds like a superhero genesis story where you turn into Lightning Lad and zap all the bad people.
Ha! I never thought of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts