Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone im new here and well dont really know if this is the right place to be or not.I have been searching around the forum and doing lots of reading lately on here,to kinda work out whats wrong we me or if their is anything wrong.Lately i havnt been feeling myself.I have not been out much or seen friends for several months.I live and work on a farm and rarely see other people.When deliveries come to the farm i find myself hiding away instead of going and seeing the drivers.My girlfriend lives and works in a pub.I use to enjoy the atmosphere and being around others but have become scared of going in with anymore than a few customers.I have stopped answering the phone and find it even hard to go to the garage for fuel or shopping.I went to the cinema last friday and couldnt wait to get out and back home.I will go out of my way to not see people.I have found myself becoming more and more quiet and less confident.I have very few close friends around me.The only people a really have are my girlfriend and parents.I seem to hide myself outside or in my room out of the may of others.Tonight i have been invited by my girlfriend for a meal to celebrate one of her friends birthdays.I have told her i cant go cos i fear meeting other people so much but i dont think she understands me.I feel i have nothing to talk about with them and would be sat their on my own.All i really seem to know about is farming and what comes with it.I have no other interests.I know the right thing to do is go but instead of being excited about meeting her friends im terrified.im not sure why im writing all this on here just hoping it may be the start of finding out how to overcome this problem if their is one?
thank you
dean

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Hi Dean, welcome to SAS! I hope this site helps you cope with SA. Don't worry there are many people on this site who are terrified of meeting new people. Have you tried going to therapy to help with your SA?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts