Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to show my students the new SpongeBob movie as a final reward, but one of my girls said she wasn't allowed to watch it because SpongeBob is dirty, and he runs around in the movie in his underwear and another character is completely naked. :get

What say you?

Star :con

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
.and no, I don't read or watch the news because I teach kindergarten. i have no life of my own.

Star :fall

·
Registered
660 Posts
Spongebob is the spawn of Satan.

Well, no...it's just people overreacting as usual. I think people like to protest things like Spongebob, Harry Potter etc. because it saves them the trouble of attacking real problems.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Star :haha

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
Sponge Bob has a lot of hidden sexual message, or so I've heard from a relative. Example: Spongebob and the other guy hold hands, and also the name of the restaurant is "Krusty Krab". haha

I think people read too much into things. I mean....you can make ANYTHING sexual if you think about it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
deadxdisco said:
Sponge Bob has a lot of hidden sexual message, or so I've heard from a relative. Example: Spongebob and the other guy hold hands, and also the name of the restaurant is "Krusty Krab". haha

I think people read too much into things. I mean....you can make ANYTHING sexual if you think about it.
A lot of Disney movies have those hidden sexual things.

I think you should still show Spongebob to the class. I am pretty sure little kids don't pay attention to that stuff.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
No, he's hilarious. I think he's great for kids, and anway as to all those sexual references...the kids aren't really going to understand them. At least not untill they're older.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I think stuff like this gets started when someone (usually a Conservative Christian but not always) doesn't like that their child is so into something that they don't necessarily like. So, they concoct these imagined ideas in order to discredit what they don't like, even if it's something that's completely fine for children.

Let's review:

Sesame Street: Bad because Ernie & Bert sleep in the same room (albeit in separate beds)

Teletubbies: Bad because Tinky-Winky walks around with a purse (even though those things are ASEXUAL)

Spongebob Squarepants: Bad because of some imagined sexuality between Spongebob and Patrick (that's a SPONGE and a STARFISH)

It goes on and on. Others have bashed Barney. Others have bashed Elmo because they don't like how he dominates Sesame Street these days. Others have even bashed the late Mr. Rogers (who was an ordained minister). People really need to get a life.

Brian

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mserychic said:
Donald Duck walks around with no pants on and I don't see anyone complaining about that :lol SpongeBob rocks!!
Thank you mserychic! I am lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needed a beginning of the work day giggle!

Star :haha

·
Registered
538 Posts
Spongebob is the best dang show on tv!!! I mean no one ever complained about bugs bunny, he walked around in a dress and make up and kissed elmer fudd on the face all the time. That sounds a lot more gay that a sponge running around in his underwear which by the way is something children do all the time!!!

Parents neeeds to chill out and think back to the kinds of things they watched on tv when they were kids. I bet they'd realize that what they saw was a lot worse than what their kids are watching. Their favorite shows from childhood were filled with images of cowboys killing indians, lazy mexicans, stereotypical blacks (that is if blacks or meixcans were even on a show) and TONS of cartoon violence!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Imo, anyone who spends their time making allegations on asexual cartoon character's/puppets and/or muppet's sexuality is wasting valuable time from their lives they can never get back...

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Nobody ever said anything about Donald Duck, Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, or any other old cartoon characters that went around "naked" or without pants. Besides, Spongebob is a freaking sponge...sponges are asexual.

I wonder if these parents put clothes on the dish sponges at home. :D

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jnmcda0 said:
Nobody ever said anything about Donald Duck, Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, or any other old cartoon characters that went around "naked" or without pants. Besides, Spongebob is a freaking sponge...sponges are asexual.

I wonder if these parents put clothes on the dish sponges at home. :D
Thank you for this; my migraine feels a bit better because of you!

Star :rofl

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
in_my_prison said:
quietstorm said:
mserychic said:
Donald Duck walks around with no pants on...
I never understood that. Why only a sailor shirt and a hat? Why not complete the ensemble :stu
Ducks cant fit their big feet through the pants.
:haha :rofl

Star ...now, that's a gasser! You are funny!!! :lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts