Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats the only thing i have been told my entire life. "you know whats wrong with you, u lack self confidence" Is that really what im missing.In some way it seems to make sense,but is it really true. No more anxiety if i work on my self confidence.
If it is so,then i know what new year resoloution will be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't think confidence alone will cure you of your anxiety. I don't think anything will, but it'll definitely help. You need to take advantage of positive thinking and confidence.

·
Registered
25 Posts
^^^ I disagree. Confidence in people who have anxiety is actually quite uncommon; a high percent lack self esteem thus; confidence. I bet if you had confidence/ boosted self esteem; you would over come your anxiety. you will feel obviously better about yourself; less stress; less worry; you'd be actually enjoying things and not just "living" each day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I'm sure if you some how had a huge boost in confidence, your anxiety would be as close to cured as it can get, but I think hoping for that much confidence is a little unrealistic. I've recently got a job and have also gained confidence so my anxiety levels have definitely gone down, but it's going to take a lot more - years and years more of confidence building before I even think about referring to myself as cured.

·
Registered
665 Posts
That's just a layman's way of trying to understand your behaviour. Yes, you do lack self-confidence but that is ignorant to your cognitions as to why you feel insecure or aren't able to do things you desire. It's really because you have a compromised self and not compromised confidence.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You won't be able to reclaim your self confidence until after you've faced your fears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts