Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chronic pain serves no function. It is unnecessarily informing the brain of a harmful situation that does not exist. My wife battles extremely strong chronic pain herself.

I wonder - almost everyone here would see SA as "unnatural", "unnormal" - "unneccessary" -> chronic!

And if it is chronic pain, I don't see treating it as any other pain (e.g. panic attacks) using medication as totally wrong...

· Registered
165 Posts
No, bit of a tangent to draw. The brain may have in fact come to the conclusion a social situation as being harmful that's why the reaction. A lot of people have SA since before they can remember, this may have been caused by an experience that they may not recall, but at the time the flight response worked and has continued sinced.

It can also stem from a particular situation/s which might have been mentally harmful that you do remember. If the same thing happened repetitively a reaction to this is to avoid the social situation.

It might not be logical, but the brain sees it as necessary to avoid the mental response associated with the social situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.