Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

is publicly eating a peice of fruit attractive

8K views 42 replies 27 participants last post by  CrimsonTrigger 
#1 ·
does it depend on the fruit? sometimes when i go shopping i will pick out an inexpensive fruit (usually an orange) to eat on the way home and while i am waiting for the bus. i notice i feel a little more confident when i am peeling an orange in my hand than when i am not.

#2 ·
Fiddling about with something in your hands can make you feel a little more at ease (it's an avoidance technique - a lot of people do it)... like playing with your cell phone on a crowded bus, or holding a pen while you're giving a presentation.

I'm not sure about the whole "attractive" bit, though :confused:

I've never looked at a girl eating an apple and thought "oh my god, I want her" (well, if I have, it sure wasn't because of the apple~).

If you're just doing this for a boost in confidence, I'd say lose the orange and try to make do without it.

#12 ·
Guys can those same feelings. A guy eating a banana can be portrayed as something else if he's not eating it 'manly' enough.
I don't see how a guy who eats healthy isn't "manly" ;)
I actually think it is indeed attractive when a guy is eating a strawberry or an apple lol. Like it makes me think he's smart and cares about his health. Same with a woman. I usually picture these people in office/professional attire though lol...

#13 ·
I think it's somewhat attractive when a girl eats a banana. Not for the obvious reason, but because I've always considered bananas to be 'my' fruit, so if a girl is eating it, it catches my attention.

I also sometimes take a banana to eat in public. It's a kind of exposure exercise for me.

#26 ·
Girls eating bananas can be because it looks like their sucking D.
Girls sucking suckers can be also because it looks like their sucking D.
Girls licking their lips can be too because it look like their getting ready to suck D
or they're licking the Cum off their lips.

you get the point right? ight.

This post has been deleted
#38 ·
Um, eating fruit is fine by me. I'd rather see that than someone scarfing down a bag of chips. :roll

#39 ·
I can't think of any fruit that I'd happily eat in front of people that I know while out.

Anything that's juicy makes me want to eat it over a sink. Anything that's sticky means that I'll want to wash my hands immediately afterwards. I can eat dried fruit usually, but that's about it. Or if I'm eating it with a fork because it's cut up into pieces.

#40 ·
I already felt weird eating bananas in public, because guy friends always make jokes. If my hands aren't dirty I will break of pieces of the banana and then eat that, rather than put it down my throat. I even feel weird eating them in my car at a red light, I'll always look over and some dude in a big work truck is already looking and creeping down at my snack time scene.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.