Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does it depend on the fruit? sometimes when i go shopping i will pick out an inexpensive fruit (usually an orange) to eat on the way home and while i am waiting for the bus. i notice i feel a little more confident when i am peeling an orange in my hand than when i am not.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Fiddling about with something in your hands can make you feel a little more at ease (it's an avoidance technique - a lot of people do it)... like playing with your cell phone on a crowded bus, or holding a pen while you're giving a presentation.

I'm not sure about the whole "attractive" bit, though :confused:

I've never looked at a girl eating an apple and thought "oh my god, I want her" (well, if I have, it sure wasn't because of the apple~).

If you're just doing this for a boost in confidence, I'd say lose the orange and try to make do without it.

·
♛♚♝♞♟♜♚&
6,528 Posts

·
♛♚♝♞♟♜♚&
6,528 Posts
^ I might make her my avatar - get me some more profile views

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Guys can get those same feelings. A guy eating a banana can be portrayed as something else if he's not eating it 'manly' enough.

·
is tired of the BS.
418 Posts
Guys can those same feelings. A guy eating a banana can be portrayed as something else if he's not eating it 'manly' enough.
I don't see how a guy who eats healthy isn't "manly" ;)
I actually think it is indeed attractive when a guy is eating a strawberry or an apple lol. Like it makes me think he's smart and cares about his health. Same with a woman. I usually picture these people in office/professional attire though lol...

·
banana enthusiast
7,067 Posts
I think it's somewhat attractive when a girl eats a banana. Not for the obvious reason, but because I've always considered bananas to be 'my' fruit, so if a girl is eating it, it catches my attention.

I also sometimes take a banana to eat in public. It's a kind of exposure exercise for me.

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't see how a guy who eats healthy isn't "manly" ;)
I actually think it is indeed attractive when a guy is eating a strawberry or an apple lol. Like it makes me think he's smart and cares about his health. Same with a woman. I usually picture these people in office/professional attire though lol...
it makes me think the same thing. compared to most other food items kids have in their hands a piece of fruit is refreshing to see. and plus it is actually something i would gladly accept if someone were to offer it to me (i don't like to eat many of the other snacks people carry around, though i would accept them out of politeness). i have good memories of being offered fruit. my middle school teacher gave me kumquats sometimes and an elementary school teacher would give me a piece of her grapefruit in the afternoon. i was very grateful for this.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi

hey i was feeling the same way when i was eating a orange like i felt calm and at ease.it helps me alot.and shocked me at how a fruit can do that.now im eating it every day.but i play with it b4 i eat it so it can get juicy inside and easy to pill.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
I think it's somewhat attractive when a girl eats a banana. Not for the obvious reason, but because I've always considered bananas to be 'my' fruit, so if a girl is eating it, it catches my attention.

I also sometimes take a banana to eat in public. It's a kind of exposure exercise for me.
I think you really are a gorilla trapped in a mans body.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts