Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very glad this website has a Spiritual section. Because my emotions are also very affected by my Spiritual life. I feel like I am at such a distance from God, he doesn't seem to ever respond to my prayers, and I feel that my heart gets harder and harder while time goes on. As in, my heart searches for him less and less. I have prayed so many times for his salvation, for him to come into my life, change my heart, etc. But I never seem to get any responce, any help, any intervention. And I wonder if my distance from Him is part of the reason I am so prone to anxiety/ being insecure.
~Christine

·
Liddle Wun
30 Posts
Sometimes I pray to God about certain things and when my prayers don't get answered I get frustrated and wonder why?? Why is He not listening?? But God is always listening; He is always there. It's just that sometimes it is not the right time for our prayers to be answered, or maybe the very thing that you were praying to be rid of was actually meant to be there for a reason.

I do not think that your distance from God is the reason why you feel such anxiety and insecurities.. but rather, your anxieties are what have caused you to push Him further away. This could be a test of your faith, and if so is one of those crucial times in your life when you need Him more than ever. Stay strong, and keep praying! Even if your prayers are not answered, keep at it; keep talking to Him.

Remember, everything happens for a reason. Our experiences and the obstacles in life which we overcome are what make us who we are. They help bring us closer to God and trust in Him because even if we don't get why certain things happen to us in life, He does. Trust in His plans for you and keep Him in your heart always. As long as you do that you will be fine, really. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger =)

·
Registered
867 Posts
i feel when i use to pray to god more often, he helps me especially when i am doing the right things according to his rules, but i feel that satan attacks me and that can often negate the help i get.

Right now i kind of am at a stand still spiritually where im not doing a whole lot religiously but my life is sucking.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Spirituality aside this is how most people with social anxiety feel "If only I was taller, if only I was more beautiful, if only I had a job, if only I had a significant other, if only I had more friends... etc, then my anxiety would be better" I think it has a lot to do with our distorted thoughts.

You could use your spirituality as a way to help you get better, but you should stop putting yourself down, think positive.

·
Registered
155 Posts
God never seems to respond to my prayers unless I am in a true crisis situation. Even then, I am forced to wonder, was it just coincidence, or was it God?

The thing about God, is that his mind does not operate as a human being's does. He is a vastly superior being, and he is most likely extremely disappointed with the human race right now. He gave us freedom of choice, and of our own accord, we are pushing ourselves and our planet towards the Apocalypse. Prophecies are never set in stone; the human race decides it's fate. That is God's gift to man. Unfortunately, He also probably knows and knew that man would make the wrong choices. Individuals like us have next to no power over what our entire country or race does.

These are the end times, and the trial of Christians is well under way. I am doing very poorly under this trial. I find it more than I can bear now, so I dread the future. I want to escape man, to live completely alone. I can never touch God in a place where I am constantly made angry, afraid, depressed.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
I am very glad this website has a Spiritual section. Because my emotions are also very affected by my Spiritual life. I feel like I am at such a distance from God, he doesn't seem to ever respond to my prayers, and I feel that my heart gets harder and harder while time goes on. As in, my heart searches for him less and less. I have prayed so many times for his salvation, for him to come into my life, change my heart, etc. But I never seem to get any responce, any help, any intervention. And I wonder if my distance from Him is part of the reason I am so prone to anxiety/ being insecure.
~Christine
Keep praying and asking for him to help you really get to know him and his truths and don't give up. Ask him to help you learn about him and his will.
Don't give up! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.