Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean we are all anxious about meeting people in general so doesn't actually meeting one in person seem kind of a stretch? I mean I've been here quite a few months now and it was a really long time before anyone ever PMed me about anything. :um

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
id say
it can or it can not...

I have been attending a great SA group on Meetup.com and we have been having monthly meetings and they are very helpful.

I try to go into a meeting with a good idea of the outcome because i want it to be successful. with an open mind and not think of how anxious you feel, the meet up can be awesome.

remember its what you put in the meeting that can make it worthwhile.

·
(.*?)
6,790 Posts
SA meetup groups went badly for me, but seemed to go well for most of the others in the groups. How it works out depends on you, I suppose. There are a million different types of SA.

I mean I've been here quite a few months now and it was a really long time before anyone ever PMed me about anything. :um
Isn't that normal on any forum?

·
Banned
728 Posts
I haven't been to any real life groups. But on here i guess it would be similar to real life.

Basically you would find a few people that you have things in common with, or people that are a similar personality type.

I'm happy that there are SOME people that understand me. I dont need everyone to like me, i just need someone to know. And i do. I just need a few more real life friends.

·
Stan the Man
6,481 Posts
The meeting I went to Thursday night was surprising. People were talking, and the conversation flowed. There are different types and degrees of social anxiety, keep that in mind. It's worth getting out there and meeting new people, in my opinion.

·
Just me.
63 Posts
Where do find an SA group? Does anyone know of a group in southern California?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts