Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
c'est la vie
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this about a month back but I got no replies so I'm hoping this post might get me some answers.

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
Nah, it's not weird. Go and enjoy yourself. No one'll be paying attention to you, they'll be excited to see the show and enjoying the music.

·
c'est la vie
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I guess I would be just one face in a sea of people, for some reason I keep thinking people will know I'm going alone and take pity on me.

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
Yea I guess I would be just one face in a sea of people, for some reason I keep thinking people will know I'm going alone and take pity on me.
SA makes us think everyone's paying attention to us, but the truth of the matter is, nobody cares. Seriously, no one cares about what you do when you're just outside walking around. If you're going to a concert alone, nobody is going to give you any thought at all. Like, none. They're gonna be enjoying themselves and only paying attention to what they're doing.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Nobody is going to know you're going alone and plus I guarantee there is at least one other person who is going there by themselves. Who knows, you might meet people there too.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
As someone who has only gone to concerts alone, no, it isnt weird. In between sets it can feel long waiting though with no one to chat with. The music is the main focus of the event, not who or how many people you are with.

·
Banned
4,424 Posts
Lots of people go to sports games alone and nobody cares. I would imagine that they do the same for concerts. I mean, for concerts it's sometimes hard to find people with the same musical interests, so I would imagine alot of people would go there alone.

·
Patron St. of Mediocrity
3,188 Posts
I go to concerts alone. Hell, concerts are some of the best memories I have. Boston, Styx, George Thorogood, Fleetwood Mac, etc. Good times.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Not at all! i went to see a band play in London by myself, once your in the crowd you kind of forget yourself and just go with it. almost everyone is just paying attention the band anyway.

·
I am a wildcat
2,266 Posts

·
uggla
10,068 Posts
I actually think it can be annoying to be with someone else because I want to focus 100% on the band, and not on trying to hear what someone who's shouting in my ear is trying to say. I haven't been to a show alone, yet, but I plan to.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I've never gone by myself, although I might drive up to Los Angeles by myself on the 22nd to go to a show.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
Maybe, idk I would be afraid to go to a place as crowded as a concert. Too much crowd noise.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts