Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
A Person
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love my family. theyre the only thing that matter because i have no close friends and I'm a magnet for lonliness. The only opportunity i have right now is to move 5,000 miles away and being on the opposite side of the globe to my family. But i cant do it :| I love them too much to leave. IS that strange? Because loads of people move away and i dont understand how they can? :um Like I love my family so much. The thought of me being at the airport and boarding the plane, I know I would be in floods and floods and floods of tears. Is that normal? Would anyone else be like that?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
If you have to leave, you just have to. It's hard to stay away from our family for extended periods of time, but sometimes we've got to make sacrifices. You have to start your own path eventually.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Nah perfectly normal. We all will have to make that move eventually. It's good that you have a healthy relationship with your family. But if you gotta move to bigger and better things, that's a necessary sacrifice.

I hope everything works out for you

·
A Person
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have to start your own path eventually.
Cant i start my path with my family on it?

But if you gotta move to bigger and better things, that's a necessary sacrifice.

I hope everything works out for you
I dont understand why you say "bigger and better". Why is it better without my family?
No why would it be weird? I was lucky that I never had to deal with homesickness when I was abroad.
It's weird because everyone i met has moved away from home and has been cool with it? and i'm like not? like i literally can not do that.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I dont understand why you say "bigger and better". Why is it better without my family
I didn't mean to offend or anything. Just sayin you have the opportunity to move across the globe. You never know what may happen if you go.
For example, I moved away from my parents about a year ago and haven't looked back. I now have a job (after 4 years of bein unemployed), and I'm doing pretty well for myself. Not to mention I kicked my pill problem.

Only sayin, things could be awesome for you if you make the move.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Take the chance. I think in these years people are supposed to do these kind of stuff. No matter the outcome do it!

·
Person of Interest
481 Posts
It's not weird. When I was at school, I always went back home on breaks, despite the fact that I hated taking the 6-hour bus trip. I don't know how to make friends and don't interact with a lot of people so I got very lonely when I was away from my family.

You should still go if you really want to, it could be good for you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Can relate to what you wrote. I also have an awesome family.
5000 miles is really though. I get that you have to develop your independence as Moloko and Innerwipe say. If that's the only opportunity for you right now, why not wait a little and try to move but not that far, so you can progressively get used to it ?

·
Registered
261 Posts
That doesn't sound weird, it sounds great actually.
I hate my family. I wish I had the money to move away and never talk to them again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts