Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not from any medical condition, just from it being hot and not turning on my A/C. If I hydrate properly and get salt to replace what I lose, is there any danger to constantly sweating?

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Smelling if you are one of those nuts who don't believe in showering I guess.

·
today's a beautiful day
2,217 Posts
if you're hott™, u sweatin.. if not u dont..

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Drink water and eat juicy fruits, dont take salt in its extracted from, that stuff is poison, get salt from vegetables and you'll be fine. If you are sweeting a lot it could be from caffeine too. or something you are eating that your body tries to eliminate.

·
Banned
8,077 Posts
The person who wrote that article doesn't even understand what sodium chloride is on a basic Chemistry level, let alone how it's used in the body. It's an ionic compound, which means it disassociates in water. It does not "stay" sodium chloride.

Sodium is absolutely necessary for active transport at the cellular levels. A sodium deficiency is called hyponatremia and will kill you.

Salt is not a poison.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
The person who wrote that article doesn't even understand what sodium chloride is on a basic Chemistry level, let alone how it's used in the body. It's an ionic compound, which means it disassociates in water. It does not "stay" sodium chloride.

Sodium is absolutely necessary for active transport at the cellular levels. A sodium deficiency is called hyponatremia and will kill you.

Salt is not a poison.
I would like to understand more about this, do you have any source that explain it in greater details? I like to seek the ultimate truth and for anyone saying something is good someone says its bad so its good to know who is right.

·
Banned
8,077 Posts
I would like to understand more about this, do you have any source that explain it in greater details? I like to seek the ultimate truth and for anyone saying something is good someone says its bad so its good to know who is right.
Sodium is used by the body in regulating blood pressure, extracellular fluid, and for conduction of nerve signals.

I'll focus on the last one, since that is the most interesting and basic. It will demonstrate why sodium is one of the most necessary nutrients and how it is used on a cellular level.

Active transports are used by cells to move things against the concentration gradient, in the same way a water pump would be used to to pump water out of a leaky boat. The particular kind of active transport that requires sodium is called a sodium potassium pump.

It's a very simple system that pumps sodium out of a cell and takes in potassium.

Without it, neurons could not have a resting potential. Further, this sodium gradient is used by other active transports for things like glucose and amino acids. It also regulates cell volume.

It's very essential and can be found in every kind of cell in your body.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts