Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a freshman college student to ask out a high school junior? In one of the frequent discussions my friends have with me about how I need a girlfriend and sex life, my friend Zack mentioned that there's a girl in his class that I could try to "get with." He seemed to mostly be talking about having sex with her. I know that I would never feel comfortable having casual sex with someone that I just met. I've never even kissed someone, so how could I make that leap?

I would want to go out on dates and all that other stuff before I have sex, since I've missed out on all of it. I said to them it would be weird for me to go out with a high school student, just because of the status difference and the age thing (girl under 18). I feel like if I were to go out with a high school girl I wouldn't be able to relate to her life at all. I don't think that a girl that age could be mature enough for me, even though I haven't met her. When I had these concerns, the others (including post-high school friends) thought that I was overthinking it and that it wouldn't be weird at all.

Looking at it from another perspective, does it make more sense for me to date high school girls since I never had that experience in the first place? How am I supposed to understand women if I've never understood girls? I have absolutely nothing else going for me in this part of my life, so should I try?

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Iffy subject, but I think you would be okay given your situation.
Remember.....be a gentleman!

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
Actually, a high school junior would be 16-17. A college freshmen 18-19. Not a big difference in age. If she's willing and her parents don't object then there shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
374 Posts
be careful dating a high school girl. I tried just tried it, and since I felt in love with her I didn't notice it, but she was unbelievably immature. just while your dating be honest with yourself, and don't pretend she's something she is not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.